Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grey_Wulff:
I certainly second the other comments made - it was a really fun BBQ and it was great to meet so many of you and put faces to names. Thanks to the many traveling down from up north and hopefully next time you're here in sunny San Diego we can show you a little more of what the shores has to offer. For those local, I hope we have the opportunity to do some diving together. My schedule is pretty flexible so weekday dives are certainly possible.

I look forward to catching up with you all again soon.

Grey_Wulff
Heck yeah! I can't wait to get into the water again!

Sounds like you all had a great time! My scout dutch oven cookoff was suppossed to be over at 1, but didn't finish until close to 5pm. By the time I got my son home, it was 6 and I was exhausted (I had to taste everything - some ok but a few were *really* nasty! :yuck: ) It's tough being cubmaster!

Anyway, hopefully next month will be work out. How many are doing the clean-up? Tomorrow is the last day to register at $30. I reg'd for the green pier. Anyone else at the green pier?

Great time had...dispite the fact I did not brave the waves...

It was fun and worth the drive down from Los Angeles to be with great people...breakfast and lunch were wonderful. I'm glad some got in and came out alive...

The drive back was longer than the drive down...but the company was grand...thanks...Claudette and Scott...

Thank you Jim and John for cooking...

Hope to see you all next month.... :eyebrow:

.... especially since it was not the most divable day. Only 5 intrepid warriors actually got wet yesterday but still, so many came out for a beautiful picnic day at the Shores! I must give everyone who came a lot of credit....

1) for showing up--some from many miles away--not knowing if we'd be diving...
2) for knowing one's limits and knowing when to say when...(I'm talking diving here!)
3) for a great time, all day and evening!
4) for those who actually made it into the water and could tell us what we missed!
5) for yummy food and company--breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

I truly enjoyed meeting so many divers yesterday. I consider you all new friends.

Can't wait until the next one... maybe the last weekend in February? Saturday or Sunday? (WHOOPS. That is the Avalon Clean-up Weekend. Scratch that suggestion.)

Debbie

With no traffic to speak of, the drive down and back was a snap, less than an hour and a 20 minutes; (each way of course). It was great seeing some of the regulars as well as a few new faces, hope to see you all again soon. I was in awe of those that did dive, I took one look and knew this wasn't going to be a dive day for me. It was well worth the drive, we had nice sunny weather, not too bad for January, (a whole lot better weather than most of the country). So until next month, All the Best to You All. Later.

Tech Admin:
I'm sorry I couldn't make it today as it sounds like it was a great time although high surf is never fun... sadly I came down with a case of the flu but hey, there's always next month!
I hope you're feeling better and I hope to meet you at another dive very soon!

Hmmm. I just noticed that your birthday was just 2 days prior to the Wrinkles dive.... Celebrating did not have anything to do with your "illness" did it?

Happy Birthday!

Deb

Me too - I had a great time hanging out and chatting with everyone. Hope to do more of the same next month, but let's throw in some diving along with the great company, eh? :)

Paul

DvrRick:
I fugured it out! :banana: Here's some pictures from Wrinkles.

Oh my god Rick, you REALLY need to send the second photo into California Diving News!!! Yikesssssssss...I'm really glad I chose not to dive. Can you imagine someone 5' 3" attempting to brave those waves? I think NOT!

Anyway, John and I enjoyed seeing familiar faces as well as meeting new ones. The picnic was a huge sucess. Thank you Christian for taking the helm and organizing everything!!! Lexi, welcome to the group and I hope to see you at SOCDC(in addition to our dives)!!! Claudette, nice meeting you too! Deb and Anne Marie, always a pleasure and seeing you (see you both at SOCDC). And to all the guys, thanks for all of the scuba talk, photo talks, ect, ect, ect, bar b q, ect, ect.

I'm sorry we did not make it to the restaurant afterwards, as much as I wanted too, we needed to do what was best for the kids. Since my back was acting up, I was pretty much toast the rest of the evening. We headed to Lego Land in the morning and had a nice day on Sunday before heading back to the OC.

Looking forward in diving with all of you sometime soon. If you're itching to dive Laguna before the scheduled Wrinkles dive, check out http://www.southcoastdivers.com/socdc I lead the first and third Monday night dives of the month for the club.

Well, I'm late to the "wrap party", but as you all know it was a great day for BBQs and breakfasts! Rock Bottom was a blast as well!

It was great seeing you all and a special treat to have IAmJimbo join us from Portland! He was a real trooper coming out for the Wrinkles Dive. I wish that I had more of a chance to visit with you, Jim. I think we should add him as an honorary SoCal member on the SoCal Roll Call. I don't put anyone on the list unless they say it's OK. How about it Jim?

February is almost upon us and I see that Ann Marie has started a poll for the date. It will be Orange County according to the fixed schedule everyone came up with. I'm guessing that it will be Heisler Park again because of their most excellent facilities, but that's up to the group to decide.

I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Christian

Diver_Jan:
Oh my god Rick, you REALLY need to send the second photo into California Diving News!!! Yikesssssssss...I'm really glad I chose not to dive. Can you imagine someone 5' 3" attempting to brave those waves? I think NOT!

I was just fine watching from the shore that day :wink:. It was nice to meet you Jan, keep up the good work you do. About that picture...What is CA Diving News? I'll send it in to show the wave height comparison. it was wicked out there and I'm glad all made it back to shore safely. See you soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom