Wrinkles February '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stopped by the beach around 2pm today and snapped a few photos to help people "make up their mind". The weather was great with an air temp. just over 70, sunny skies, etc... As for the water, it appeared rather nice topside, or at least the water a few meters out. However, when waves break there is clearly some brown in them. The event is still over 24 hours away which may or may not have an impact. I will leave it up to each of you to make your decisions, I just wanted to present the facts.

As for myself, I will see people there Saturday, diving or not it should be a fun time for anyone who comes, espcially if the weather remains like it was today.

From afar, conditions in Laguna still look bad with little prospect of clearing up for Saturday's event. Certainly, here in sunny San Diego (thankfully, the first day of full sunshine we have had in a week!) the advice presently is not to dive and we had less rain than you guys!

If conditions still look bad tomorrow afternoon can you let me know since while I would love to catch-up with everyone again, I don't want to come up if there's no chance of diving. Sorry to potentially cry-off but I'm a little too busy with work at the moment not to make this one count.

Look forward to your replies tomorrow.

Grey_Wulff

I got some catsup and mustard for the burgers, if Grey Wulff can't make it Saturday I'll swing by the store on my way down and pick up the buns.

There's no reason why we can't get together and have a bbq, get in the water and see what's what. Obviously for people coming from SD/LA it may be a bit much of a drive without a sure dive but for those who have the day off, why not come down and hang out? With a dive shop so close it's not like you can't get a fill at the last minute or anything.

I'll also be there between 8 and 9 am. I don't think it will be more than a 2 tank day for me, so no need to get up at the crack of dawn.

JDog - ketchup, mustard and buns are all most people want for their burgers and dogs. You da man!

Christian

I hope everything goes well tomorrow and you actually get to dive. I'll be in the desert with the rain this weekend and do my best to keep it there so you have sunny weather at the least. I'm ready to take one for the team! :lightingz

It was good to meet you all last month and I really hope I can make it next month. Have fun and dive safely!

Rick, thanks for being the sacrificial lamb for us!

I'll be there at about 8:30. I am still dying to try out my drysuit. I've already got the "me" day planned so I might as well spend the day hanging out with friends vs. doing some spring cleaning.

Besides, Jamie is headed down to San Diego to get in a little golfing. Christian, would you remove his RSVP (it will just be me)?

Tech Admin:
I stopped by the beach around 2pm today and snapped a few photos to help people "make up their mind". The weather was great with an air temp. just over 70, sunny skies, etc... As for the water, it appeared rather nice topside, or at least the water a few meters out. However, when waves break there is clearly some brown in them. The event is still over 24 hours away which may or may not have an impact. I will leave it up to each of you to make your decisions, I just wanted to present the facts.

As for myself, I will see people there Saturday, diving or not it should be a fun time for anyone who comes, espcially if the weather remains like it was today.

What, NO underwater pics???

Viz report of today: 0-5 feet. The water is still brown and VERY polluted from all the trash and muck. Since my mom is flying in on Sunday, I think I am going to pass up this month's get together so that I can get things prepared. Also, I was feeling a tad under the weather yesterday, and don't want to get worse.

Have fun, whatever you end up doing.

Jan,
I think my slacks have some buoyancy but the tie would have been ruined!

So it sounds like some of us will make it! I'll be there at 8:30 too...ready to dive but not expecting to dive. It's the combo of my new peepers and the water quality, ya know?

I hope I remember the clean-up bags!!!

Back
Top Bottom