Wrinkles February '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought it looked pretty good in spots when we first arrived (maybe around 10ft judging by how well we could see the underwater structure from shore).

I'm getting over a cold and still have some sinus and chest congestion, so I would not dive today. In fact, I wouldn't have gone in with 50 ft. of vis. Yesterday, I packed my gear in the car anyway in the hopes that this morning I would wake up with no congestion, but alas, it was not in the cards. :(

Otherwise, we had a great day of munching out and wandering through the tide pools around each point from Crescent Bay to Fishermans Cove. :D

I look forward to next month's Wrinkles Dive on Catalina Island and being "congestion free".

Christian

P.S. Thanks to Tech Admin for bringing the new California Kelp Divers ScubaBoard banner. It will now be easier for people to find the group when we have a dive.

jetfixer:
What? No PHD's in da house??
Not today! I wasn't diving even if conditions were great due to LASIK healing.

For everyone else, conditions were easy but not worth the effort to clean one's gear. I ran across a stray diver whom I'd sorta met at a dive club meeting last month and he had dived this morning. He said he hit the bottom before he saw it and had only 5' of viz at Deadman's.

I sure hope this was the LAST of our get-togethers that have crummy dive conditions.

Did you all see Claudette's squid dive report from last night?? Now THAT made me want to get into the water!! Anyone diving the canyon tonight??

It was great to meet those I hadn't before! It was also a pleasure to see familiar faces. Let's do this again!

Deb

Hi Everyone,

Glad that you all had a good time. I really wanted to run down and meet up with everyone but I figured I had better get my house in shape for dear mum as she is arriving tomorrow am instead of pm from AZ.

Deb,

Anytime you want to dive the Canyon, I will GO!!! I love diving Redondo Canyon at night. Last time I went though, it took me almost 2 hours to get there on a week night. Ugh!!! But, the dive was well worth it, being that it was with John. :wink:

Well, gotta hit the hay for I have to wander all the way to LAX in the am. Hmmm...if viz was good, I could get up extra early and hit Redondo on my way. Teehee....Wishful thinking!

Hugs

Hi Jan and Debbie and all the wonderful friends I missed today at Laguna!!
I'll dive the canyon again Sunday night if you want to drive up! It's a tough call on a Sunday...Monday morning comes quickly, and squid are never guaranteed....(I had really given up on them this season and was shocked to see them Friday, and delighted to see them again tonight.)
PM me if you wanna go! 7 PM??

It was a beautiful day for a BBQ, too bad the water wasn't doing so well. I had a great time, and a big thanks for the birthday cake. I only hope we can actually dive at next months Wrinkles DIVE event.
Hope to see you all again soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom