Wreck Reel: Side or Top Handle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b1gcountry:
Perrone-
I'm a tall guy, and my hands are really wide, with long fingers, but my hands aren't very thick, and my fingers are pretty typical (sz 10 wedding ring). Is it the thickness of your hands that make the reel tight, or the length? I will be doing all of my diving in Lake Michigan in fairly cold water, so I will have gloves on.

The Salvo is the reel I'm leaning towards right now, has anyone used it with 6mm gloves on? I will keep the Manta in mind if the Salvo doesn't work, but I haven't seen that model anywhere online, and none of the shops here in STL really carry reels.

Thanks again, everyone, especially since this topic has probably been hashed out countless times...

Tom

I used the Salvo today with dry gloves works great and I have large hands.

I can help you out with that. I dont' think you will have any problem with the reel, but if you do I will help you out. Let me know if I can help at all.

Brent

PerroneFord:
My suggestion would be to contact Barry at Salvo directly, or contact one of his dealers, indicate your concern, and see if they will let you do a try/buy. Essentially, you pay for the reel, have it shipped, and if it doesn't work for you with your gloves, then you can send it back for a full refund.

Best of luck.

texdiveguy:
Greg, could I possibly get a free sample to try out---:eyebrow:

Texdiveguy,

My best suggestion is to contact a dealer and try and make an arrangement., Where do you live?

Manta:
Texdiveguy,

My best suggestion is to contact a dealer and try and make an arrangement., Where do you live?

Greg... I was just pulling your leg....you guys manf. and market top rate gear, best always. :wink:

texdiveguy:
Greg... I was just pulling your leg....you guys manf. and market top rate gear, best always. :wink:

Thanks for your support texdiveguy. BTW...we are just releasing our 10 watt HID focusable head, it has a range of 6 to 15 degress with no dark spot in the center :D

Manta:
Hi b1gcountry,

Take a look at our CR-1. It is simular to the pathfinder / salvo reels how ever one nice feature divers find very appealing is you can fit you whole hand thru the handle.

http://www.mantaind.com/dive_reels/cr-1.htm

Good luck
Greg
tHAT LOOKS ALOT MORE USUABLE FOR THOSE OF US WHO DIVE COLD WATER. i ALMOST ALWAYS USE NEOPRENE 3-FINGER MITTS AND THE SIDE HANDLES i HAVE CHECKED OUT ARE JUST TOO TIGHT FOR ME TO COMFORTABLY GET MY HAND THROUGH THE HANDLE.

keelhaul123:
tHAT LOOKS ALOT MORE USUABLE FOR THOSE OF US WHO DIVE COLD WATER. i ALMOST ALWAYS USE NEOPRENE 3-FINGER MITTS AND THE SIDE HANDLES i HAVE CHECKED OUT ARE JUST TOO TIGHT FOR ME TO COMFORTABLY GET MY HAND THROUGH THE HANDLE.

keelhaul123,

This will fit your hand perfectly. We designed it spacifically to fit your hand with and without gloves.

Thanks - Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom