Wreck Pen.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chickdiver:
I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with seeking further training, however, I also think that there are many times when the permutation of classes by the "industry" becomes redundant and can waste people's time and resources which can be more efficiently applied elsewhere.
I guess that this means the same :) what you posted earlier - mentor.

MonkSeal:
I guess that this means the same :) what you posted earlier - mentor.

Yup :wink:

I honestly think the best approach to learning any kind of diving is a quality class to teach you the basics, and then finding a good mentor to dive with (or better yet, a group of them so that you get differeing perspectives). Both can be equally difficult, though.

Ben_ca:
I've seen the raw footage.... There was a resounding "Bong" when Jason's tanks hit.... And of course Joe saw it coming.... :)

Really, I thought that maybe it had been added for effect. Something everyone has done at one point or another, but not always on video :)

Jasonmh:
Good video, the "gong" sound and laughter at the very end was funny.

LOL. I hadn't noticed that before. :rofl3:

That's actually pretty easy to do on the Yukon. Since it settled on its port side, there's all kinds of hazards (railing, pipes, guns, super structure, etc) that protrude out latterly on the deck side ... especially when you get in vicinity of the ops bridge. You really need to be aware of what's around you. You almost need eyes in the back of your head ... especially when it's surgy.

rjack321:
I'm with TBQ on this one. Most of the other wreck classes will likely deviate from DIR principles. AG's class is 5 days and (equal to GUE's Cave1 in duration) and has equivelant skills to cavern+intro. The good thing is that if you are GUE cave trained, the proceedures will cross-over easily.

PM "DarkPup" on this board, he's taken it and can send you a link to his class report.
I think this is definitely going to be the way I want to go, when I get ready to take on wrecks.

Gotta get through Fundies, first, darnit... HEAL, MHK!

chickdiver:
I also think that there are many times when the permutation of classes by the "industry" becomes redundant and can waste people's time and resources which can be more efficiently applied elsewhere.
Such as a Cave CCR course?
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Oh no you don't! You're not kicking that hornet's nest here buddy!!!

Does "Wreck CCR" come before or after "Cave CCR"? :mooner:

It comes after PADI's Drysuit Advanced Nitrox Night Cave. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom