wreck fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a pair of OMS / springs for sale in the gear for sale forum.

I have XL Jets & XL Slipstreams. Other than the impact on my trim I really can't tell the difference when using them.

Other than the impact on my trim I really can't tell the difference when using them.

Do you use a flutter kick at all or strictly a frog ?

I've read that the Slips won't break in at all, but I wonder if the Jets loosen up a bit over time since they seem to be a more natural rubber.

not sure what you mean by breaking in. so far as I can tell my jets feel the same now as they did years ago,

I do strange kicks, LOL. When I started diving in the early 70's, there was one kick. Up & down, straight leg & I don't think anyone bothered to name it. Can't be sure, after all these years.

In more recent times I've learned about other kicks, but have not actually been taught any of them. So you might say I use a froggish kick a lot :wink:

Up and down, straight leg, is what I'd call a flutter - which I find harder to do with the Slips. But, my Jets are a size large and the Slipstreams are XL so I probably just need to get used to the new Slips.

You just got me thinking, my Jets are 27 years old. I'm getting up there.

well, there is a fair bit of extra blade surface between the sizes. Never tried it bc I doubt I could get large fins on, but i would expect the XL to be harder to work in comparison.

Maybe someone more highly skilled with the kicks can tell the diff between XL Jets & XL Slipstreams, dunno. I can't.

fins don't stir up silt. Divers do.

AGREE!!! :lotsalove:

Recommend: Frog kicks with SP Jets (or likes). Oh yeah, the spring straps make them very lovely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom