Would You Use A Ponypak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took another look. I noticed no female models. Could be a good reason for that!

Seriously. Slinging a pony is ridiculously simple. Why complicate it.

or someone with a "spare tire"....

Took another look. I noticed no female models. Could be a good reason for that!

Seriously. Slinging a pony is ridiculously simple. Why complicate it.

Female model:

AX63%20PK%20SW.jpg

No thanks. I need a back mounted pony bottle that can be removed one hand by a diver with bad shoulders with limited range of movement and multiple surgeries on same. Got anything like that?

Female model:

AX63%20PK%20SW.jpg
By female model I was referring to the individuals "modeling" the product and the typical female anatomy. Not the unit itself. :D

To be fair the website does show the more streamlined sidemount slung configuration, and it may be more compact than the conventional pony bottle.

compared to a simple slung rigging? Really do you believe that? The "cage" it sits in is bulkier.... keep in mind, we are talking about a hose clamp, webbing strap & bolt snaps.... KISS

---------- Post added January 17th, 2015 at 01:58 PM ----------

attachment.php

Bob, that is the ugliest stage bottle rig I have ever seen.....and it's still 500% better than the ponypak.

I do not thing the purpose of pony pack is for redundant scuba tank application. I think it is for quick scuba need when you do not have full size tank and BCD. ... Boat maintenance, stuck anchor, pool cleaning, emergency recovery etc...

Not if you read their website. They are talking about using the damn thing in an overhead like a cave or wreck. I wouldn't allow a student to use one in any of my classes.

Looks like a solution looking for a problem. Why not just sling a bottle and be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom