Would you still get involved?

Would someone videotaping a scuba accident affect your decision to help in a rescue?

• It wouldn't affect my decision at all

Votes: 97 78.9%
  • It might cause me to hesitate or limit my involvement

Votes: 22 17.9%
  • I would decide the liability isn't worth the risk

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish more dive pros would chime in on this one. This is a tough one. Where I live and work, there are no laws, well there are, you win if you can pay enough. I would put my self in danger in a heartbeat to save ANYBODY for ANY REASON.....put me back in the States, and I destroy the camera first, I would risk my own death in an attempt to aid somebody, but I will not be put on trial for it.

Rescue trained and yes. My first OW dive in Monterrey involved assisting in a rescue where a warm water AOW newb in a 7 mil with 26+lbs or weight got caught up in the kelp and panicked. Good ending to that one. Was also involved in one other rescue at a pool involving a 10 yr old boy who could not swim pulled from the deep end, That one not so good. I still see his face and especially the eyes everytime I hear of abusive parents, and yes they are abusive, who allow their kids around water without knowing how to swim. If I knew someone was filming me I have to say I would be tempted to give em a nice little one finger salute.

Back
Top Bottom