Would You sign up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgoodstein

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I was browsing reddit.com/r/scuba, and tis guy posted you tube clips to the Combat diver show on Discovery: Link here parts 2 and 3 are linked to the side.

And I thought to myself "Now that is a serious of stress test". My question to you guys is if there was a course like this (minus the actual invasion) available to citizens would you be interested in testing your skills? Would you like to do a weekend warrior course like this. I started talking to a couple of friends of mine and they are super interested.

Clearly I have about 40lbs of fat to lose and gain about 50lbs of muscle to gain before I did, but I'd like to see how far I could push myself.

I'd give it a try. I'm in no way special forces material but I think I could do a large portion of the challenges. Just not in the way of being recycled for failing any test. Maybe by some scoring for each completed test.

Nah ... I'm an old dude ... when I go underwater I just don't want to work that hard ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My brother is ex special forces and has a few contacts. I just got off the phone with a retired diver supervisor. He'd be interested in doing this and setting up a point system. No wash outs and penalties no where near as severe as depicted in the video. I'll let you guys know more as I try to work out some sort of weekend "boot camp".

What would you not want and what would you like to see. I realize this is a lot of work, but I feel like it could make me a more prepared diver for that unforeseen situation.

Part 2 has a nice shot for a potential Spare Air video ad. "Good enough for the Special Forces, Good enough for You!" :D

Clearly I have about 40lbs of fat to lose and gain about 50lbs of muscle to gain before I did, but I'd like to see how far I could push myself.

OK then who is that in your avatar?

I'm shocked that no one has blasted them for using split fins yet! lol

That's why it wasn't an olympic time swim :)

As to would I sign up, yeah I'd be willing to give it a shot, but id want to train up some for sure haha.

Back
Top Bottom