Would you dive Vortex now????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes.

I was driving in Destin in June, as I came to a stop at a red light, a car coming from my left ran the light and was t-boned by an SUV. The car slid into the curb at the intersection, flipped over and slid to a stop just a few feet from my vehicle. I thought it was going to hit me and I pulled up and over to the right as far as I could and it piled into the car to my left. The roof was crushed and had the occupants pinned inside. I grabbed an ABC extinguisher I keep in my SUV, jumped out and tried to pull the doors open with the assistance of a cop who was johnny on the spot, apparently they were chasing this guy. The car was smoking, but not on fire and no fuel leak that I could see.

I got back into my vehicle and drove away. All I could do was all that I did. I drove through that intersection quite a few times after that without incident. I found out that both the driver and passenger died. That was too bad, their behavior put me and others at risk. They paid the price.

I will still drive, don't run from the cops and don't run red lights or stop signs. Even knowing that if I do everything right I still run the risk, since I share the road with drivers that don't. If I'm not up to it, I can always pull over and get off the road.

I will still dive, don't push or put myself into situations that I am not prepared for and you don't know what you don't know. Even knowing that if I do everything right, I also share the water with divers who put themselves and others at risk. They pay the price. If I'm not up to it, I can always go back to the surface and get out of the water.

. . . . .

Weren't there also some famous pictures of DeniseGG taken there? :D
I believe that's infamous.:D

So, besides the picnic table, where's the best place to stay? :popcorn:
Egg's trailer.

Yes.

I was driving in Destin in June, as I came to a stop at a red light, a car coming from my left ran the light and was t-boned by an SUV. The car slid into the curb at the intersection, flipped over and slid to a stop just a few feet from my vehicle. I thought it was going to hit me and I pulled up and over to the right as far as I could and it piled into the car to my left. The roof was crushed and had the occupants pinned inside. I grabbed an ABC extinguisher I keep in my SUV, jumped out and tried to pull the doors open with the assistance of a cop who was johnny on the spot, apparently they were chasing this guy. The car was smoking, but not on fire and no fuel leak that I could see.

I got back into my vehicle and drove away. All I could do was all that I did. I drove through that intersection quite a few times after that without incident. I found out that both the driver and passenger died. That was too bad, their behavior put me and others at risk. They paid the price.

I will still drive, don't run from the cops and don't run red lights or stop signs. Even knowing that if I do everything right I still run the risk, since I share the road with drivers that don't. If I'm not up to it, I can always pull over and get off the road.

I will still dive, don't push or put myself into situations that I am not prepared for and you don't know what you don't know. Even knowing that if I do everything right, I also share the water with divers who put themselves and others at risk. They pay the price. If I'm not up to it, I can always go back to the surface and get out of the water.

Again, its not the idea that someone died in a system that creeps me out. I dive in several caverns that had claimed several lives in each. It is the fact that there still is a body in the water at Vortex that has me on the fence whether I would dive there again.

Who's Egg? :giggle:
I won't mention any names, but; her initials are "Good Girl". :eyebrow:

It is equipped with 2 queen size beds, linens and towels, living room with 4 chairs, kitchen with grill, cooking and catering supplies and ice box, and 12 scuba tanks, OW gear for 3 people and sidemount for one, clothes and a tool box. :D

It is equipped with 2 queen size beds, linens and towels, living room with 4 chairs, kitchen with grill, cooking and catering supplies and ice box, and 12 scuba tanks, OW gear for 3 people and sidemount for one, clothes and a tool box. :D
No pole yet? :D

I wish my wife came with a trailer hitch and tires. All I got was a mortgage and a headache. Lol

Back
Top Bottom