Would anyone like to dive Devil's Throat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me the lure of diving DT wore off long, long ago in the 80's. It's still a dive that is always requested with the groups that we lead to the island, even today. Knowing the hazards of the swim through and depth, I have no issues being selective of those that are 'invited' to do the dive. I'm also fortunate that the operator I currently use also limits the ratio to 4:1. This hasn't always been the case, having used operators that called it a normal dive.

Dear Scott,

With large air supplies, a good drop, and experienced DM, I consider it a normal dive. Would I take average divers there on a Alum 80 . Just like you, the answer is NO.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers (retired)

Dave, you're right, I should have prefaced by including using an AL80. Would my invite list increase with a larger capacity cylinder? Probably not since I like the lower ratios.

It only takes about two minutes to swim through it. There is a lot more to that dive than that tiny little swim through.

You've just convinced me not to do it! Not confident enough in my skills.

LOL, old post. I hope they had a good dive. :) If you don't feel comfortable about it, you shouldn't do it. Don't worry, it's Coz's bogeyman dive. Probably shouldn't be your first deep dive nor your first swimthrough. There are plenty of other dives. That said once you build up your comfort level with a bit more Coz experience, give it a try. I find it to be an interesting swimthrough with some lovely topography and beautiful vistas. All IMHO, YMMV. Enjoy or not :). :clearmask:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom