Would anyone like to dive Devil's Throat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlightlySlanty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,
Would anyone like to dive Devil's Throat on or before the 28th? I am in Cozumel at the moment and trying to put a group together. I am diving with Aldora (15l tanks) and they are happy to run the trip if I can get a group.
Cheers,
Theo

I'm down - tell them Chuck will go, we want to go with Rich if possible.

I'm down - tell them Chuck will go, we want to go with Rich if possible.

Hi Chuck,
Excellent, I have called Aldora and will go to the shop after my afternoon dive tomorrow. Can you give them a call tomorrow and tell Denise you're interested? I'll then work out a day, I think the 27th or 28th would be best if that works for you?
Cheers,
Theo

Hi Chuck,
Excellent, I have called Aldora and will go to the shop after my afternoon dive tomorrow. Can you give them a call tomorrow and tell Denise you're interested? I'll then work out a day, I think the 27th or 28th would be best if that works for you?
Cheers,
Theo

I'll stop in tomorrow, either day works for me, I just want to dive the day before if possible.

I'll stop in tomorrow, either day works for me, I just want to dive the day before if possible.
Hello,
I have another diver and have arrange that D will take us to Devils throat, probably on the 28th. Not sure if you have been told about this by the shop?
Cheers,
Theo

Hello,
I have another diver and have arrange that D will take us to Devils throat, probably on the 28th. Not sure if you have been told about this by the shop?
Cheers,
Theo

Cool - no I left Denise alone today, it's crazy there but I'll be in the office first thing in the morning, probably at the dock actually.

How long is Devil's throat? Not to sound like a nervous nelly, but where is the line between a 'swim through' and a cave? I've done swim throughs on the one trip I went to Cozumel, and to be honest, I don't think I'd do some of them again unless with divers that I knew and trusted in the entire group (not insta buddies). This is more a question of curiosity, nothing more.

How long is Devil's throat? Not to sound like a nervous nelly, but where is the line between a 'swim through' and a cave? I've done swim throughs on the one trip I went to Cozumel, and to be honest, I don't think I'd do some of them again unless with divers that I knew and trusted in the entire group (not insta buddies). This is more a question of curiosity, nothing more.

I'm not sure, I've never done it before so I can't comment. We are going with an experienced instructor who has done it many times before so I feel safe.

Cool - no I left Denise alone today, it's crazy there but I'll be in the office first thing in the morning, probably at the dock actually.
We are currently arranged to do it with Didier as the first of a 2 tank morning dive on the 28th. Hope to see you there!

Back
Top Bottom