worst online retailer with which i've ever had the displeasure of dealing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the credit card was suspect, why not use the bank transfer option. Quick, easy alternative if you can't use a credit card. If you don't have a bank to transfer from, maybe the credit card shouldn't be used for anything. Unfortunately one bad review can unfairly hurt a decent business, and it's hard to defend an internet allegation. Cheers

Samarino7's profile info is a bit thin. Anybody out there able to fill it in a bit?

There can be downsides to using the internet to attack good businesses.

I have had no issues at all when ordering from DRIS. Very accommodating, and reasonable to deal with.
Being in the jewelry industry myself, fraud is nothing new. We simply no longer ship to a new account we have no history with, if there are ANY red flags.
According to the post I read from Mike at DRIS near the beginning of this thread, they had 5 red flags! Even then Mike said that they did try to clarify the facts with the "customer" over the phone.

To me that indicates that the retailer went beyond what they needed to do, for the customer, but in the end he did not satisfy their security needs.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mike several years ago at Beneath the Sea in NJ. I have no issues endorsing Mike and DRIS. They keep my dive buddies and I very happy with their outstanding and professional service.

I've had nothing but GREAT interactions with DRIS. I've bought everything from drysuits and lights to having my regs serviced. Never ever had a problem. Mike is an honorable and honest businessman.

LOL...DRIS is the only scuba online retailer that has always come through for me when things didn't turn out perfectly.
Missing items in the box? They made good and sent the missing items right away.
Sent the wrong part? They said keep it, and sent the right one.
I have never encountered another online retailer who made buying so easy for the customer, and Mike has always solved all issues for me.
Emails are always returned very promptly, and followed up till closure.
I've probably spent a few thousands with DRIS by now, and have never regretted giving them my business.

Only one post. And bashing. :no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Indeed, OP just created an account to troll. Lame. I order stuff online from Japan all the time without issues. DRIS is great with their free international shipping and I usually find most items I need. They are usually very helpful and accomodating and they deserve some praise for their hard work! Keep it up!

Between DRIS and Leisurepro you can't go wrong. Kudo's to both !!!!

Smarino I think you just gave DRIS the best online advert they have ever had :) You go guy !!!!

You shoulda just hung up on the Jackass.

hands down the worst online retail experience I've ever had.
when I say this was my worst online retail experience ever, I don't mean strictly related to scuba equipment, I mean EVER! what will follow is a lengthy, detailed description of my personal experience, but they take home points are as follow:
-i am a dive professional who has also worked in scuba retail
-i STRONGLY reccomend use of another retailer
-terrible customer service
i recently had all of my dive gear stolen. this experience, to which many of you can relate, can be an ordeal to rectify. to compound the inconvenience of this tragedy, it was discovered days before i flew out for my next dive trip. upon discovering that my gear had gone missing, i began piecing together a new set, and some of my gear is difficult to find online. i ended up having to place orders with six different online retailers to assemble the set-up that I'd formerly possessed. naturally i was thrilled to find Dive Right In Scuba as they had some gear that was virtually unavailable elsewhere online. they also had expedient shipping options, so i thought i would receive my order before i flew out days later.
the following day i received an email telling me my order had been cancelled due to its failure to meet the stringent requirements of their "security check". after calling their store, speaking to a customer service representative, and being placed on hold several times for very long durations, i was finally put in contact with someone who seemed to be in a managerial position. Mike, maybe? he informed me that several details of my order raised "red flags" for security in their system. i was on the phone with him for over 30 minutes clarifying information that other retailers with whom i've dealt(including leisurepro.com, scuba.com, amazon.com, diveseekers.com, and the hundreds of non-scuba related establishments I've patronized since the inception of online retail) had no issue, he requested additional information which I'd almost consider an invasion of privacy(my current living situation, diver cert. number, etc.). i was accused of fabricating false addresses that couldn't be located via google maps, to which i responded by walking the representative on the phone through what can only be described as a step-by-step google maps tutorial. i was told that my phone number of sixteen years did not belong to me after a google search, and was told that my order could not be shipped to an address that was not the billing address(definitely do not try to buy a gift), after which i requested that they do send it to the billing address, but was refused. in fact i was told that they had elected not to process my order altogether. if they are this insanely paranoid of fraudulent credit card use, that's fine, but ulitimately, these people wasted invaluable shipping time, my time on the telephone, and overstepped boundaries by requesting too much information. by the end of the entire transaction, i had grown skeptical as to the legitimacy of this business as a whole. as someone who has worked in dive retail, and has been professionally diving for several years, i STRONGLY recommend NOT using this company. very cumbersome process that only yielded frustration and inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom