worst online retailer with which i've ever had the displeasure of dealing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again for ALL of the kind words. It's rewarding to know that so many people think of a small dive shop in Illinois, in such high regard!

Why stop at 8 pages... I too have had many flawless transactions with DRIS, from the other side of the world. Keep up the great work Mike and staff!

I will join the parade, having been a satisfied customer many times over the years.

DRIS, my LDS closed its doors yesterday. Your reg service rates are awesome! Looks like you got a new customer. Thanks to the op for introducing me to your company.

Mike and DRIS are the best.

I was extremely happy with the customer service Mike provided on the Whites Fusion suits I purchased for myself and my wife.

Who buys a drysuit online? Well, you can from DRIS, because they will work with you to make sure it all fits right and you are satisfied. Mike personally and patiently tended to everything, including a few exchanges of pieces that weren't quite the right size, customizations to my wife's suit and more, until it all fit perfectly. Some of his replies to my emails would come at 1am Chicago time. Does the guy sleep?

Oh hey, there it all is in the pic on the left. Suit, dry gloves, hood and more. Working great, keeping me warm and dry.

I'm so happy to see this thread become a DRIS love fest. Woohoo!

I bought my first set of regulators many years ago from Mike, a set of HOGs that I still dive about 200 times a year. Somehow I ended up supplementing my teaching income working for him. Mike's a stand up guy, albeit demanding to do work for at times. :D

I've had nothing but positive experiences. Even when the order didn't go "perfectly", DRIS did a good job of accommodating.

DRIS is my goto online shop, I have been amazed at how helpful they have been especially if something is out of stock etc. As for the OP... I wouldn't wanna dive with that asshat.

I had a dry suit zipper replaced by them. EXCELLENT JOB, They will continue
to get my business for many years to come.

My purchases from DRIS so far include:

A drysuit
Hollis Fins
Chris Kohls books
Crotch staps
Spare valves for drysuits
Masks
A whole bunch of accessories including mask defoggers, snaps and bolts etc etc etc.

Never had any complaints and always had top notch service.

In the end, no business wants to loose a sale. I am sure DRIS folks did all the best to accommodate the order as they are in the business for doing just that right? Making a sale! It is unfortunate that it did not work out for the OP but it must have been a very unusual situation. No business (specially dive retail) can survive if they started to pick and choose their customers.

Back
Top Bottom