worst online retailer with which i've ever had the displeasure of dealing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DRIS is def my hands down place to go for online Scuba Gear. Debbie has repeatedly helped me out with returns, special orders and anything else I needed. I return on a regular basis because of their exceptional site and personal customer service that i know i can get access too if i need to change something. Sorry for your bad experience, but like other have said, i think this one rests on you bud.

Anti-fraud procedures should at least theoretically help keep prices down, and that's good for all of us. More than once I've had my credit card company phone me at some inconvenient time and leave a message telling me they denied some charge, causing me to have to call them back, sometimes from abroad. It's a headache. I feel for the OP, who received such a "false positive" and found himself with a headache on his hands. Statistically speaking, it's going to happen now and then. Sorry it was you. Don't blame DRIS.

I too have had no problems with DRIS.

I have has a few frauds on my credit cards over the years. In all cases, the credit card companies reimbursed me as expected and then pulled the payment back from the retailers. The retailers were left holding the bag. I simply cannot fault a retailer for following some security routines to protect themselves.

The OP's account was probably hacked, he just did not realize it at the time. He may be an honest person getting a bad rap from identity theft. If so, the missing dive gear is only a small part of his issues.

Count me in as another customer completely satisfied with Dive Right in Scuba. They are not only the best online scuba retailer I've dealt with, they are probably the best online retailer that I've dealt with PERIOD. If the facts that Mike presents in his message are even close to being accurate, I would have done the exact same thing.

Also, the "I'm going to bash you on every internet forum, etc." does not sit very well with me. I'll leave it at that to avoid moderator intervention.

My sons and I deal with DRIS and Mike has always made the experience a positive one. We had a recent experience with a warranty issue and without giving out the details Mike made sure that we not only received replacements in a timely manner he compensated us for any hassle. First class operation.

I've had nothing but great experiences with DRIS, they are recommended highly from many members of this board. I will remain a satisfied customer for many years to come.

Same here, but realize that this guy joined just to make post this message and has only posted one, flame message.

I suspect that he won't be back to read all of these posts and his actions further reinforce that what Mike did by refusing his business was probably correct. As far as I know a retailer has the right to refuse to serve any customer especially when there's significant evidence that there's possible fraud.

Jim

The OP is obviously not going to read or respond in this thread, he's just trying to make good on his threat at best, or he's a troll at worst.

The reason that we all should pile on with the supportive posts is that someday someone will read this thread from the archives when researching DRIS, and if they don't see the others they might get the wrong idea.

hell, mods might leave this up because it is one of the best pro DRiS threads in a while with the exception of the title and the first post.....

I don't do all of my business with Mike, but I do quite a bit of it. I have 3 different shops I go to depending on what I'm needing. Unfortunately they aren't a Shearwater dealer, and they aren't sidemount/cave gurus so Edd gets some of it, but DRiS is the one that I recommend to people on this board damn near every day, and every time I've needed *that's all of our justification for new gear right? It's always a need over a want :)* something Mike and his team has been spectacular.

The fact that there has been almost 40 positive posts in less than 12 hours is saying something, there is nothing this guy can do to tarnish the reputation that DRiS. We should give a shoutout to Rod though since he actually owns the store..... We all interact with Mike et al regularly, but Rod is the man behind the curtain

hell, mods might leave this up because it is one of the best pro DRiS threads in a while with the exception of the title and the first post.....

A classic backfire on the OP's part, his rant results in free marketing for DRIS. I would say more, but assuming they guy is honest and just upset, it is likely his ID has been stolen and he is in a world of hurt already.

Had 3 transactions with DRIS in the past few months, and Mike was personally involved with 2 of them. He did a great job handling some minor manufacturer issues, and the prices and service were professional. Highly recommend DRIS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom