worst online retailer with which i've ever had the displeasure of dealing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never ordered from DRIS. Just never had the need.

This thread only serves to greatly INCREASE the chance I will order from them in the future.

One post, no profile, never been back. Well I think that about winds it up, Samarino7 . BTW, if you read between the lines of the extremely diplomatic and politically correct reply by Dive Rite it says. Take a hike you moron.

Never ordered from DRIS. Just never had the need.

This thread only serves to greatly INCREASE the chance I will order from them in the future.

I hear they're all thievin' tinkers.

Never had a problem with DRIS, and i was a "potential problem"with my billing address in France, and delivery in Peru .Thanks DRIS for your excellent service, always a another new light to buy....

A classic backfire on the OP's part, his rant results in free marketing for DRIS. I would say more, but assuming they guy is honest and just upset, it is likely his ID has been stolen and he is in a world of hurt already.

WAIT a minute... That's IT! The OP was Mike's sock puppet...!

A false flag operation. Well played, Mike...

:)

DRIS was one of the first on line shops I bought from after I discovered that you could even buy gear on line. My LDS at the time was very careful to keep that fact well hidden.

I got my first set of HOG regs from them and have made numerous purchases since. Even though I am now an on line retailer and could consider them as competition, I choose not to. I choose to see them as a viable, fair, and honest resource for the items that some of my customers want that I don't carry.

So from time to time I refer them to Mike and Rod. I even referred my girl friend to them for an item that I don't normally carry and though I could get it it would have taken too long. I've also had a number of conversations with them in person. At DEMA and BTS. Had dinner with them as well. You can tell a lot about people by the way they eat and they do pretty good at not looking like animals:D. Even when half starved after dealing with tons of questions all day long.

Seriously though, they are some good people and their tech at the time was my HOG reg instructor and instructor trainer. Going to miss seeing them at DEMA this year as I'm not going. But may hook up at BTS in the spring.

As for the OP, I get some emails that I just look at and delete. The ones I like best are the ones that say "Hello, we would like to place a large order with you. Do you ship to Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.? What credit cards do you take? Please email reply with your website so we can do business!"

The answer is yes, I do ship to those places. When I know who I'm shipping to and have verified the identity of the person. I take MC/VISA/AMEX/Discover. But not when you don't even know what you want because you don't even know what I sell! In those cases I accept only gold, silver, and precious gems delivered by courier in advance.

But when a shipping address is not tied to the billing address, the card is in the name of another person, or you are not willing to provide a little info I can verify I'd rather lose the sale than get hit for a big loss.

OP---in my case, DRIS has given me excellent service & quality products in the past....On my end, I'd have to put the blame on you---shame shame.....:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom