World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BJ might think they looked better but they didn't. The set piece is an absolute killer and will get you eventually if you give them enough chances to use it. But I thought for a good period England were going to lose the game, they weren't up to scratch at all and that will not do against portugal, so they better start working something out.

On a side note, Beckham is a ponce that cannot handle the heat, twas funny for me though.

theatis:
If i was Scolari i wouldn't be shaking in fear right now.

Scolari had better be shaking in fear! He will be without two regulars for the next match, including Deco, and England will be out for blood after that farce of a setback against Portugal in Euro 2004.

BTW, the way the officiating is going, if Harry Kewell gets to play tomorrow, my money says he's off before the hour... :shakehead

Quite true Ken.

I couldn't believe the amount of yellow and red cards.

But to be perfectly honest and frank, most of those cards were well deserved.

You can't around kicking and chopping people down like that, I mean what the @$@$@ were they thinking.

And the fights between players?!

I loved the shot of Deco and Van Bronckhorst sitting together off the pitch and talking about how ridiculous the referee was.

ScubaTexan:
I loved the shot of Deco and Van Bronckhorst sitting together off the pitch and talking about how ridiculous the referee was.

That was so cool! They were starting to put together a bench for sent off players!

BTW, i was thinking about the Deco situation, let me know if this is how you saw it. Portugal was in possession of the ball when Carvalho went down. Portugal kicked it out of bounds, stretcher comes in etc, but then when The Netherlands threw it back in, they didn't do the fair play thing of giving it back. Next thing you know Deco is chopping (i think) Van Persie from behind for no apparent reason. Could it be retaliation for unsportmanship? Does this make any sense?

theatis:
That was so cool! They were starting to put together a bench for sent off players!

BTW, i was thinking about the Deco situation, let me know if this is how you saw it. Portugal was in possession of the ball when Carvalho went down. Portugal kicked it out of bounds, stretcher comes in etc, but then when The Netherlands threw it back in, they didn't do the fair play thing of giving it back. Next thing you know Deco is chopping (i think) Van Persie from behind for no apparent reason. Could it be retaliation for unsportmanship? Does this make any sense?

That most certainly was the reason theatis.

As a matter of fact that's why the crowd booed the Dutch whenever they got the ball after that...

I heard someone say today that Graham Poll has already been sent home by FIFA, and this Vladimir Ivanov character today will probably be sent home tomorrow. Has anyone else heard this?

According to the BBC, it's still in question: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5108722.stm but other sources consider it a done deal. I didn't find anything on today's guy.

You know what though? I find it refreshing that they are open about these things. As a European living (and following sports) in the US, i find it so frustrating that there can be no public questioning of referees' decisions; just ask Mark Cuban, i think he'd agree with me!

How about tomorrow's games? I'm hoping (but not necessarily predicting) Italy will win. I have no idea what will happen in the other game, but from watching the Ukranians i get the feeling they are turning it around.

Back
Top Bottom