World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love for England to get thrashed, but would prefer them to lose due to a dishonest play leading to a goal, karma and all that.

:lol2: :lol2:

We can only hope Trini, but really I think the story of this English Campaign should be how incredibly incompetent Sven is at getting the best out of this English team.

I have the opportunity of seeing most if not all of the English Premier league games here and Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole et al are all excellent.. world class even consistenly.

Yet when they don the England colors that all goes out of the window and they run around like headless chickens for 90 minutes...

Well go on then guys....you all pick Ecuador if you want too :D (we'll see who was full of it by the points scores tomorrow!!!)

Holland - Portugal could go either way. I suspect it'll go Hollands way though I'm not sure. That would be a bit unfortunate though as it'd leave England to play them in the next round if they both win. Oh well.......

oh oh oh ... encore:

God bless our lovely lead,
our lovely two-point lead
over sore-loser Kim
God bless our lead!

:fruit:

:33:

let's see.... this is clearly a trick question so you can dig your way out of your
two-point deficit ...

hmmmm..... probably England and Portugal ... gotta think on it

Jamdiver:
:lol2: :lol2:

We can only hope Trini, but really I think the story of this English Campaign should be how incredibly incompetent Sven is at getting the best out of this English team.

I have the opportunity of seeing most if not all of the English Premier league games here and Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole et al are all excellent.. world class even consistenly.

Yet when they don the England colors that all goes out of the window and they run around like headless chickens for 90 minutes...

You cannot expect the same performance levels from the players when they play for England. In their respective clubs they spend every day training and playing together and built up a rapport and a distinctive style. Now take the players out of that and put them in the international team with a month to prepare for the world cup and then they won't perform at the same high levels the clubs do. All nations have this problem but saying that I watch the EPL and they play better there than for England is just absurd, OF COURSE THEY DO... name one player that plays better for his nation than for his club?

All that being said Sven has been useless for quite a while, I was surprised that they let him have another world cup campaign.

Back
Top Bottom