World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
Trini, here ya go... some sugar cane from the home islands...

5697388_7_1.jpg

now back to our originally scheduled program...

Brasil!!!!

5691914_7_1.jpg

You know Brasil produces a crapload of sugar too right? :D

i'd take a Brazil, please!!!

and now, for our daily celebration:

God save our lovely lead!
Our lovely two-point lead
over sore loser Kim!
God save our lead!

H2Andy:
i'd take a Brazil, please!!!

and now, for our daily celebration:

God save our lovely lead!
Our lovely two-point lead
over sore loser Kim!
God save our lead!

Andy!!
Tell me you watched both games today, greaaat football....

Especially the Argentina game, so much tension and drama......
Did you hear what the Mexican fans shoutedeach time the Argentinian goal keeper had a goal kick???

PUTO!
:rofl2: :rofl2:

Maxi Rodriguez had a brilliant goal, phenomenal........ may very well be the best goal of his career.

alas, i did not watch either game =(

was off puttering in my motorcycle to pick up my drysuit from repairs about
90 miles away

I'm a fan of good football... even if it's from Brazil's arch-nemesis Argentina :wink:.

1698783011.jpg

455154647.jpg

Marquez starts off the game with a bang..
3554577034.jpg

German fans.. Calling Pakman.... Pakman.... :D

4005747636.jpg

2094246054.jpg

Maxi's goal was phenomenal, however i wasn't impressed by Argentina's overall effort today. Saviola was very tentative (and was substituted), Riquelme wasn't his dependable self, at least not for the entire game, and Crespo started strong but sort of faded. Messi gave them an obvious shot in the arm but overall this was a bit of a moral victory for Mexico.

What was really noticeable was that Mexico didn't have a dependable way of getting the ball into the box accurately. Both Borgetti and Fonseca were open on numerous occassions but the ball never got there.

Germany on the other hand dominated; it could easily have been a much more lopsided victory. So, Germany vs Argentina: both unbeaten so far but at least today Germany looked like the more complete team, even though i picked Argentina to win it all.

Anyone else excited about Portugal-Netherlands? I think the Lusitanians will only get better as the team gels so i'll pick them even though just feels like an unpredictable game. I wasn't even going to touch England as it seems i might get tarred and feathered by the fanatics in this thread, but WTH i pick Ecuador in an upset just to stir things up a bit.

I think Lionel Messi is the next big thing guys. I have been resisting the hype but I have noticed everytime he steps on the field he has made Argentina a better team. I am of the thinking he would probably make a phenomenal attacking midfield if someone would be willing to have him and not start him at striker. But this kid has all the tools.

Argentina didn't play up to snuff, but Germany looked good. I think tomorrow portugal - netherlands matchup should be awesome.

No clue on the Portugal vs. netherlands game, i'm having a very difficult time trying to determine who'll win that game.
I'm leaning a bit towards the Netherlands as they're a favorite of mine..

As for England vs. Ecuador, honestly i'd love for there to be an upset.
But I think England will play badly and get the 'result in the end, i.e. a win...

these are tough games to pick tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom