World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trinigordo:
:mooner: We agree with each other on the whole England sucking thing, so bleh to you :14:
No we don't Trini. The teams that suck have mostly gone home because they couldn't hack it. England is already in the QFs, unlike the losers......
Of course....losing big time, but convincing yourself that you did really well, seems to be another peculiar psychological angle that some people have.
Yup....it's not just footballers who believe the hype........

Of course I wouldn't really expect you to understand something like that.....:eyebrow:

God bless our five-point lead
our lovely five-point lead
over sore loser Kim,
God bless our lead

:fruit:

Kim:
No we don't Trini. The teams that suck have mostly gone home because they couldn't hack it. England is already in the QFs, unlike the losers......
Of course....losing big time, but convincing yourself that you did really well, seems to be another peculiar psychological angle that some people have.
Yup....it's not just footballers who believe the hype........

Of course I wouldn't really expect you to understand something like that.....:eyebrow:

what you fail to realise and understand for a team like Trinidad, qualifying for the world cup was impossible and usually held in the same breath as pigs flying or hell freezing over. So just reaching there was worth more to their fans than an England campaign that ends in anything but a world cup trophy. You see, our team achieved more than we as fans thought they could by just qualifying. You are right though the teams that suck have left, and that is why England with all their talent will not go far playing half-arsed footy like what got them to where they are now, because the talent level is just increasing at this point, and while England can play badly and defeat Trinidad, they cannot do that against top class teams like Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina, Spain. Just to name a few.

SO IN SUMMARY UNLESS ENGLAND START TO PLAY BETTER ALL IT MEANS IS THIS ENGLAND SIDE BUOYED BY SUPERSTARS IS JUST HYPE. Now how is that for some truth, becareful swallowing that, it is a painful pill for a limey.

Trini, i sympathize with you. As citizens of ex-colonies of Her Majesty's Empire (in your case Trinbago, in my case Cyprus) we are constitutionally allowed to loathe everything British. In reality, most of us actually secretly like most things British, but love to comment on their inadequacies whenever they are so evident. And nowhere are they more evident than football!

Of course i'm joking but on a more serious note, i totally understand how you feel about your country making the Cup. Only people who actually come from little countries can understand the feeling of going against giants.

italia!!! italia!!!

goooooooooooooooooooooalllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!

italy 1, australia 0

theatis:
Trini, i sympathize with you. As citizens of ex-colonies of Her Majesty's Empire (in your case Trinbago, in my case Cyprus) we are constitutionally allowed to loathe everything British. In reality, most of us actually secretly like most things British, but love to comment on their inadequacies whenever they are so evident. And nowhere are they more evident than football!

Of course i'm joking but on a more serious note, i totally understand how you feel about your country making the Cup. Only people who actually come from little countries can understand the feeling of going against giants.

I originally expected our final goal difference to be somewhere around -15. Why I was so bitter, is because considering our first 170 minutes of the world cup I started to think maybe I was wrong, maybe we can actually make the next round, and then BOOM, I was put back in my place.

I hate the whole British empire colonialism thing, but that is years and years gone, a good example is during my time in Bristol I was introduced to some low level royalty duke of something and when he was told I was from Trinidad he said "ah the colonies." and I went from throwing adoration to royalty to very curtly saying "Trinidad and Tobago are no ones colonies" and walked off very pissed. I really don't hate England I loved every minute I spent there, enjoyed their culture and had some of the greatest English friends a man could ask for. But I just hate their football and cricket team, I really like their rugby team though. It is just a matter of personal preference I guess.

Very exciting ending to the game, and very well played by the socceroos. It is a shame both teams couldn't win this one. Australia won alot of pride today.

OMG, Australia was robbed... Can't believe they squandered a one man advantage to lose on a penalty shot at the last seconds...

Fair play to Australia. They turned up in Germany and were expected to be the whipping boys of their group and go home pointless. But they didn't settle for just qualifying for the World Cup, they went out, did their nation proud and got through a tough group and only lost to Italy with the last kick of the match.

Ah the beauty of the modern game...
Players now play to get penalties.

It was a heartbreaking way to lose, my heart go out to the Aussies..
They played wonderfully and could have scored on a few occasions..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom