World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My honest opinion is this, it WAS a foul and it WAS a penalty. BUT the foul was created by the Italians and not made against them. It seems very cheap and it is kind of crappy but honestly you have no choice but to give the penalty there.

Trinigordo:
My honest opinion is this, it WAS a foul and it WAS a penalty. BUT the foul was created by the Italians and not made against them. It seems very cheap and it is kind of crappy but honestly you have no choice but to give the penalty there.
You are sooooo naive! :D

They PRACTICE how to do stuff like that. (everybody - not just the Italians!) This has nothing to do with fair play!

You can download the clip from YouTube in slow motion from all angles. From one angle, you can CLEARLY see that the defender is motionless on the ground before the attacker even begins to go down; how can it be a foul where there is no causation? And from another rearward angle you can see him drag his foot into the defender, slo-mo will get you every time! I love the Italians, but this was just sad, especially under the circumstances.

theatis:
You can download the clip from YouTube in slow motion from all angles. From one angle, you can CLEARLY see that the defender is motionless on the ground before the attacker even begins to go down; how can it be a foul where there is no causation? And from another rearward angle you can see him drag his foot into the defender, slo-mo will get you every time! I love the Italians, but this was just sad, especially under the circumstances.
Quite true, theatis.

I watched that replay on numerous occasions here and I believe that the Italian ran into the defender and fell.
To create the guaranteed scoring opportunity as opposed to continuing to dribble (he was in the 6 yard box) and taking a shot...

I believe that if the game had gone into extra time, the Aussies extra man advantage and general tougher mental fortitude would have got them the win...

My initial reaction was to be quite suspicious, i've watched enough Serie A to know what the mentality is over there.
More and more 'simulation', players acting like they've been shot from a simple foul, play acting et cetera are starting to annoy me more and more.
I think this really detracts from our beautiful game and makes things more difficult if you're trying to introduce someone to the game of football.

Trinigordo:
If the foul was not made against them, surely it should not be a penalty !!

well, Brazil 3-0 over Ghana with 6 minutes left to play... i'd say that's in the bag?

Ghana have tried and tried to score... just haven't managed to

.... and that's the game

theatis:

Not only that, when I saw the replay, Grosso looked like he was searching for a place to fall. The Italians are masters at diving. Perhaps we should give them their own forum on Scubaboard. Forza Azzure Divers...

ack!

France 3-1 over Spain

why did i have to pick Spain!??!?!?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom