World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
No, that's just the way the U.S. team played today -- no-brainers... :frown:
Really sorry about the result Ken, I don't know where the US went wrong but they were totally outplayed by the Czechs today..

Trinigordo:
You know what? Everyone up here been talking like the US is a competitor now, but in which lifetime are they better than Italy and the Czechs? Not this one, but yeah they came out flat as hell poor showing.

I honestly thought they had a chance to beat the Czechs, but I sadly underestimated the Czech Republic (as the U.S. team did as well, obviously). I never said the U.S. should be ranked fifth by FIFA (FIFA rankings are a complete joke), but we're a helluva lot better than we showed today. They played like deer in headlights... :shakehead

Jamdiver:
Really sorry about the result Ken, I don't know where the US went wrong but they were totally outplayed the czechs today..

Ok let me just clarify this, US was always going to be outclassed here. They needed to come out and play their hearts out to have a chance, but they came out flat and in essence knocked themselves out of the world cup. If you are outclassed (see Iran, Ivory Coast, Trinidad) you have to play better than ever before to even have a chance to win. Luck doesn't hurt either.

ScubaTexan:
but I sadly underestimated the Czech Republic (as the U.S. team did as well, obviously). I never said the U.S. should be ranked fifth by FIFA (FIFA rankings are a complete joke), but we're a helluva lot better than we showed today. They played like deer in headlights... :shakehead

I agree totally with every single word there. But I knew the Czechs were better, I just didn't know if US would play as well as they needed to, to have a chance.

ScubaTexan:
I honestly thought they had a chance to beat the Czechs, but I sadly underestimated the Czech Republic (as the U.S. team did as well, obviously). I never said the U.S. should be ranked fifth by FIFA (FIFA rankings are a complete joke), but we're a helluva lot better than we showed today. They played like deer in headlights... :shakehead

Well honestly, it really does not look good for the US now in terms of qualification for the next round.
Italy and the Czech Republic are both at the top of the group with 3 points.

I can't see the US advancing now, unless something unforseen happens, i.e. italy losing to the states or ghana winning their game against czech republic.

And of course the US would have to find some points somewhere..

The only chance we have now is to beat Italy and Ghana and hope that the Czech Republic beats Italy or draws with them. I've often heard it's always darkest before the dawn....and ole Sol looks ready to rise.

ScubaTexan:
The only chance we have now is to beat Italy and Ghana and hope that the Czech Republic beats Italy or draws with them. I've often heard it's always darkest before the dawn....and ole Sol looks ready to rise.

I hear you, I just don't see it happening though....
And what in the world is up with your central defender One-whatever?

I've seen more spirited performances from sleepwalking people..
He looks slow and lethargic to me..

Jamdiver:
Really sorry about the result Ken, I don't know where the US went wrong but they were totally outplayed the czechs today..

i had the feeling the US never showed up...

other than a few unsustained attacks here and there, they were sort of ....
sleepwalking through the game...

it's as if "showing up" was enough or something... very odd

Jamdiver:
I hear you, I just don't see it happening though....
And what in the world is up with your central defender One-whatever?

You mean DaMarcus Beasley? He was lethargic at best. I don't know what was going on with him...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom