Working in Dahab/Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys
as far as I know it's not easy to get a job. You have to speak at least two languages, only English is not enough. Italian, Russian, French prefered.
It's even more difficult for DM.
Mania

Languages are indeed very important.
People told me that my advantage is really the knowledge of all the languages that I speak!
That combined with proper diving and motivation, makes it interesting for the dive centers ofcourse.

PS German is also important over there

yeah, it's not that easy finiding a job with teh English Language only .. i know a diving school that would give DM internships -and maybe permanent jobs for latter- if u're speaking Dutch.
if u're interested i can help u with that.

mania:
Guys
as far as I know it's not easy to get a job. You have to speak at least two languages, only English is not enough. Italian, Russian, French prefered.
It's even more difficult for DM.
Mania

Well said Mania.
I'm a DM in the Red Sea. I live in Cairo and organize regular trips to Dahab and Sharm El Sheikh. I.e., working on my own. I speak English and French, beside Arabic of course:wink:
It's not that easy guys.

Well I know that because my diving centre I dive with in Sharm ushes me to do DM and come to work for them. But... I speak Polish (of course), English, Russian nad Italina - the most favorable languages right now.
And I have a lot of friends working as DMs or Instruktors (including Egyptians) so I know whayt are the costs of renting a flat, living and what are the salaries.....And whether it's easy to get a perm job or to work as a freelancer and so on....
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom