Work Sucks!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver:
Take my word for it ... if you want to develop an appreciation for going to work every day, try unemployment for a few months. It'll surely change your perspective ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
You got that right!

This may sound depressing but, IMO, just accepting that your life won´t be a 24/7 vacation has helped me. I don´t expect to feel "self-fulfilled", "at peace" or "challenged" all the time (or even most of the time). That very concept seems counterintuitive. I try to appreciate the drudgery of everyday life and the freedom of a vacation away from home equally. One wouldn´t exist without the other.

Of course on the average day I´d be shouting revolution! with the rest of you but for some reason (maybe ´cause its friday) I´m feeling very zen...

murphdivers286:
I can almost taste that rum and coke with just a little fresh lime. I can feel the warmth of the sun on my face. The smell of the salt in the air. I can taste the nitrox in my mouth. <------- Not in that order......

[red]Screw it!!!! I'm quiting my job now!!!!!![/red]

I like your style, I live in england and have spent altogether 4 years of the last 10 travelling and seeing the world. It's fantastic but also a curse. Luckily I bought a place sometime ago, (even more lucky as i was pretty drunk most of that year, barely remember moving in) so i don't have to live sleeping on friends floors when I come back skint and depressed. All my friends are buying bigger houses and having more children, that puts even more pressure on me to think, right thats it i'm going to settle, have children, buy a set of golf clubs and start gardening and going to village hall meetings about complaints about what day dustbins get emptied...but deep down you know it's not what you want, you speak to so many open minded people on your travels who live such weird and wonderful lives that you would rather have your teeth sharpened into points with a chisel than to listen to these narrow minded boring types who drive Volvos and clean there cars religiously on a Sunday.(Why does none of them clean them on a Saturday?)... not sure if that's the same in the U.S. ? weird
I've just qualified as a Dive Instructor but have run up the equivalant to the national debt of Bulgaria doing it. Granted drinking did have a large part of the debt but hey, what a laugh.
Well, as i'm at work, better get on and make a phone call, i've been here 7 hours and made one call which was engaged !
Just thought i'd let you know you are not alone.
Divings cool and watching the sunset over a railway line is not.
Quit your job and sell your furniture...... keep the fish tank.......
god i'm bored !

well, looks like my little non-working vacation is over... Maybe I'll agree with some of the things people are saying now that I'll find myself at work too. Starting tomorrow.

I´ll tell you all what really sucks!!
Working for a Dive centre and being shoved in the office for the first part of the season,because your the only one that speaks languages well enough for the phones!!And watching your fellow workers going out diving twice a day!!! that just takes the biscuit!!!

Diver0001:
I know what you mean. I just want to go back to bed and wake up in the spring. It should be getting warmer but it's been snowing here for 3 days and parts of the country are getting temperatures that haven't been this cold for over 100 years (-20 something C).

I don't even want to *talk* to people who live in Florida. I'm going stir-crazy and I think my head is going to pop. I'm going diving today anyway and I sure hope that helps my mood a bit.

R..

I was stationed in Orlando, Florida for a year and a half (boot camp and Navy Nuclear Power School back when the Navy still had a base there). For some reason, it is not for everyone as I can only take it in small doses. I'll settle for having to dive quarries four months out of the year. Wreck season is starting. Of course, I may have to curtail some that this year. As much as I despise my job.... has anyone seen the cost of helium for tri-mix lately. Sheeesh! You would think that they put gold in the tanks.

And for weather, at least they don't name our storms and the storms don't force evacuations!

Back
Top Bottom