Work Sucks!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok..many of you live in Fl. and shouldn't be complaining in my opinion. at least you have nice warm weather there..unlike us in the NorthEast. eventually i'll be moving to Fl. I like my job and can't complain cause i do at least 3-4 trips a yr. to warm weather and my job allows me to do that with my pay and flexability that they let me take the time off..God I love working for the government!

Scuba65:
Ok..many of you live in Fl. and shouldn't be complaining in my opinion. at least you have nice warm weather there..unlike us in the NorthEast. eventually i'll be moving to Fl. I like my job and can't complain cause i do at least 3-4 trips a yr. to warm weather and my job allows me to do that with my pay and flexability that they let me take the time off..God I love working for the government!

I know what you mean. I just want to go back to bed and wake up in the spring. It should be getting warmer but it's been snowing here for 3 days and parts of the country are getting temperatures that haven't been this cold for over 100 years (-20 something C).

I don't even want to *talk* to people who live in Florida. I'm going stir-crazy and I think my head is going to pop. I'm going diving today anyway and I sure hope that helps my mood a bit.

R..

Try living in Florida right next to the beautiful ocean, and not be able to get to it. It is like reaching for that brass ring, but it is just inches away and no matter how hard you try you can not reach it.

murphdivers286:
Try living in Florida right next to the beautiful ocean, and not be able to get to it.
No doubt that would be frustrating! But being a plane ride away from really good diving is no fun either... Tends to make the diving habit a little more expensive as well as infrequent.

So where do we sign up for the Buffett lifestyle? I'm ready.

Jeff

At least the folks in FL. don't have to worry that when you go out you have to bundle up like a burrito! hell and if i can be by the ocean even if i wasn't able to dive all the time I know that i would on the weekends and the weather is still nice out. Damn i need to move soon!

I can almost taste that rum and coke with just a little fresh lime. I can feel the warmth of the sun on my face. The smell of the salt in the air. I can taste the nitrox in my mouth. <------- Not in that order......

[red]Screw it!!!! I'm quiting my job now!!!!!![/red]

I absolutely hate my job. Its not that its hard, or even that it stops me from diving because its only a 5 day a week, 8 hour a day job. Its just that its dead boring!
I spent a few years in the Army and that was a great job in the way that it wasnt a job as such. It was more of a lifestyle. I have found it hard to be a civvy because its the same thing, same place, day in day out.
So my Girl and I are in the process of getting ready to quit our jobs and live the dive bum lifestyle for a while in OZ at end of next year, before we start to have a family.
I am even doing an IDC even though I said for years I would never become an instructor. Oh well, new challenges, new lifestyle.

Azza - thats what I'm talkin about man! I hate the civvy lemming job structure almost to a fault! It's not natural for us to have to conform to these things, if it was we'd have had factories in caves as the race was developing! I've vowed to never again work for anything big corporate or do anything that dictated to me what I would do, not what I'd like to do, and so far I'm sticking to it... of course its like taking a vow of poverty while you re-align your lifestyle and modus of income, but its worth it.

CBulla:
Azza - thats what I'm talkin about man! I hate the civvy lemming job structure almost to a fault! It's not natural for us to have to conform to these things, if it was we'd have had factories in caves as the race was developing! I've vowed to never again work for anything big corporate or do anything that dictated to me what I would do, not what I'd like to do, and so far I'm sticking to it... of course its like taking a vow of poverty while you re-align your lifestyle and modus of income, but its worth it.
It is like taking a vow of poverty but i think in the end you will benifit mentally from it. I slowed my life down a few notches last year when i took a demotion to move out of Auckland to Wellington and as i was driving out of Auckland it was like a weight lifted off my shoulders. Its just a crazy rat race were you have to conform or live under a bridge. Even now when i go up there for a meeting or something i feel a temporary gloom descend upon me until I leave.

I often say to my Fiancee that i would happy to be shipwrecked on an island somewhere and have to live like our ancestors did.
Even better if all my dive gear and a compressor with 30 years worth of fuel to run it was shipwrecked with us LMAO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom