Work Sucks!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it me, or do any of you get tired of working while reading about others going diving? It seems that I work way more than I could ever dive. Does it want to make you quit your job and just live the Jimmy Buffet life style. Bumming tanks off dive ops to go diving. Living under a Palm tree. Sounds good to me!!!!!!! :banghead:

If you think that's bad, try being stuck working indoors while the weather's perfect for diving........ so you call up a buddy or two and convince them to catch an after-work dip with you, only to have the weather suddenly mysteriously cloud over and storm just prior to you getting freed from cubicle heck.........grrrrrrr!

FreeFloat... I have had that happen to me more than I can count! And the beautiful all week weather followed by horrible weekend weather! I'm with Darrel, I'm done with work, I'm trying to build my own path through the income jungle to fix that problem too!

If we could design a safe underwater aparatus for toddlers and babies, I could bring my work with me and dive all I wanted! I wouldn't even have to worry about diapers! Hmmmm... Let's work on that, shall we? :wink:

Gah. Don't get me started. I have not even seen my skis this season. :17:

It's all about choices, we all have the ability to do what we want, at a price (what are you willing to give up). If your unhappy, you have only yourself to blame.

Well said, Vickie. Life is most certainly the outcome of each individual choice we make, along with how we react to each thing that happens to us. You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be miserable....but it's always your choice.
I learn that more each day....and some very good friends helped me see that too!! :)

Unfortunately, we all do not have choices. Sometimes we have to do for our families and let our passion go to the wayside. Remember, life is not fair. It will never be fair, especially if you are a MURPHY!!! :lol3:

A theory that I've been running with, and by sheer irony seems to be working out this way is:

I'd rather be poor, happy and healthy than rich, miserable and sick.

NOW, if I can find the income to alleviate the poor and allow me to live just happy and healthy.. :)

Back
Top Bottom