Womens dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mason Gierke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking to get my wife a watch she can wear when diving and as an everyday watch, I'm not looking for a dive computer just strictly a watch, I'm looking to keep it under $400, she doesnt like big mens style watches. Just strictly used during rec depth dives. Any suggestions, looking for one that won't flood when she wears it. Any brands that are better than others or that I should avoid.

Just about any watch rated for 200m will be a good dive watch. That opens up a lot of choices from retro style to digital to fitness watches. Does she have a personal style she prefers? Does she like jewelry style bands, sport bands, etc.?

I love traditional analog dive watches on women that can be worn as jewelry with a little black dress and while diving.

Jewelry style bands, no digital. Probably your typical looking stainless watch, I didnt know how much faith to put into companies depth rating.

Citizen make or made a smaller dive watch, I got one for my diving, drinking, dining and driving partner for her birthday a few years ago. It is sollar powered so the batteries do not need replacing. She wears it just about everywhere. It has a rotating bezel, one direction only, and looks like a traditional dive watch. Probably in your price range. If I get a chance I will go past the jewellers I got it from, and see if they have any and get the model number for you.

I couldn’t get the model number, the shop was busy and I was pushed for time, it was a citizen eco drive, good to 200 meters.

5E4DEB7E-FB94-4763-8B2D-0368955C67E8.png
My dive watch is a vintage Rip Curl with moon phase, tide phase and neap/spring tide in cobalt blue with gold details. I long for a red one, but the burgundy is pretty too. Mine are tested at the watch shop to ensure they are waterproof to 200 meters. These are available used on eBay as they don’t make the pretty ones anymore, just plastic digital, bleh.

I have a Citizen "Eco-Zilla" commercial diver's watch that I've been happy with for years, but I've had bad Citizens too. My ex-girlfriend is a pro diver and she was disappointed when her Citizen stopped working. I love diving watches and I've owned many. It's been my gift of choice for girlfriends who dive. In my experience, Timex, Casio, Citizen, Freestyle, and such all have all worn well over time. A few duds here and there. My favorite are the retro watches like Chronosport, but they are pricey.

Most women into high end watches, including mrs. hammet, are wearing men's watches lately.

Been evaluating Momentum (Vancouver, BC) lately as the "lower middle tier". What I have of theirs seems nicely built.....

They have women's and some nice "dressy dive watches" in the line... I don't however like the "3-O-clock" crown.....

YMMV

I love traditional analog dive watches on women that can be worn as jewelry with a little black dress and while diving.

I have only been diving for 30 something years and while I have seen women diving while wearing nothing but their weight belt, fins, mask, and BCD w/ tank, I have NEVER seen a woman diving in a little black dress. :) I'm always open to new experiences though. :D

Cheers -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom