Women, BP and weight belts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weight pouches on tank straps. That should be able to handle at least 10-lbs right there: 5-lbs per pouch.

The rest can be worn with the DUI weight harness.

Great ideas, thanks to everyone. I remember trying weight on the tank bands in the past. I vaguely remember turtling from weight high and on my back. Do others experience this?

My Halcyon STA has 2 tank bands. I put the weight pockets on the lower band. I do really like having 2 bands anyhow, and would recommend it. Both using a STA with 2 bands, and the little pockets designed for the bands.

When diving singles, I also have used weight pockets on the harness waist strap.

If you can significantly reduce the amount of weight on the weight belt, then it won't be so uncomfortable.

I used to have that problem. It wasn't from the weights moving around but the flat out pressure on my hips prior to the dive and after the dive (gearing up, walking to site and back etc). I would have purple bruises for about 5 days after diving. I switched to a weight harness Buy Seasoft seawolf weight harness 201-903 with reviews at scuba.com (this one) and LOVE IT! It is separate from my rig so I don't have all my weight on my rig (lifting a fully weighted rig sucks if you have to do adjustment so I would not advocate adding weight pockets TO the rig. I would go with a harness system which is separate from the rig).

Now I use a DSS backplate with 8lbs of bolt on steel in addition to my harness (https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=7). Keeps more weight centered over my shoulders instead of all on weight belt pulling my hips down. So I use a harness AND the bolt on plates for cold water diving (36lbs for my buoyant ass with weezle, I envy your warmer water diving).

good luck

Great ideas, thanks to everyone. I remember trying weight on the tank bands in the past. I vaguely remember turtling from weight high and on my back. Do others experience this?
Not if you balance the weight well. It would take some experimenting to dial in the trim, but it's do-able.

Also put the weights in pockets on the cam bands close to the plate. Not out or on top of the tank. you may have to reverse one strap to do that but one pocket on each strap on opposite sides.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Also put the weights in pockets on the cam bands close to the plate. Not out or on top of the tank. you may have to reverse one strap to do that but one pocket on each strap on opposite sides.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

If you go this route XS Scuba and Hollis sell some relatively inexpensive pockets.

It is a very bad idea to have significant weight installed on a rig and no way to ditch any of it. The weight pockets are not counted as quick release, especially if she cannot reach them herself (as in on the cambands). XS does make a QR weight pocket, I use them for weight integration on my warm water rig.

N

I find the dui weight harness drops the weight off my waist and lower on my hips and I am better balanced. Too much weight on the back and I am an upside down turtle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom