Women, BP and weight belts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear 20 lbs on my waist, in the form of two shaped 10lb weights, on a rubber belt. The weights sit very comfortable over my iliac crests on each side, and don't bother me at all -- but then again, I'm diving pretty thick undergarments.

I used to use an XS Scuba pocketed weight belt with soft weights in the pockets. I stopped doing that after a 5 lb weight made its way out of one of the pockets on a dive in the San Juans.

If the weight requirement is really stable (in other words, the setup she's using has been optimized and is expected to remain the same for some time), the Seasoft belts, which can be purchased in various weight increments, are another option, as well as the weight harnesses as has been suggested already.

From my standpoint, putting all the weight on the rig is AWFUL. If you have to change out tanks on a boat, the last thing you want is the heaviest possible rig to drag up and down.

Oh, and I DO put 6 lbs on the cambands. You won't turtle if you slide the pockets all the way up to the plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom