woman on a shopping trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sibermike7

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
A woman (name withheld to protect the guilty) was in town on a shopping trip. She began her day finding the most perfect fins at a great price in the first dive shop and a beautiful wetsuit on sale in the second. In the third shop everything had just been reduced by 50 percent when her mobile phone rang.

It was a female doctor (also an avid diver) notifying her that her husband had just been in a terrible car accident, and that he was in critical condition and in the ICU. The woman told the doctor to inform her husband where she was and that she'd be there as soon as possible. As she hung up she realized she was leaving what was shaping up to be her best day ever in the LDSs. She decided to get in a couple of more shops before heading to the hospital. She ended up shopping the rest of the morning, finishing her trip with a new wing and few Nitrox fills for a year, compliments of the last shop. She was jubilant.

Then she remembered her husband. Feeling guilty, she dashed to the hospital. She saw the doctor in the corridor and asked about her husband's condition.

The female doctor glared at her and shouted, 'You went ahead and finished your shopping trip didn't you! I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out for the past four hours enjoying yourself in town, your husband has been languishing in the Intensive Care Unit! It's just as well you went ahead and finished, because it will more than likely be the last shopping trip you ever take! For the rest of his life he will require round-the-clock care. And he will now be your career!' You won't even have a chance to get any of that precious gear wet!

The woman was feeling so guilty she broke down and sobbed. The doctor then chuckled and said, 'I'm just pulling your leg. He's dead. Show me what you bought.'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom