First time diving in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't stay anywhere but Scuba Club.

I've been to Coz about 20 times, Scuba Club is still our #1 place.

We also stayed at Fiesta Americana a few times because we could use Hilton points to stay for free, but their beachside has since closed and we haven't been back to F.A.

I've been on night dives all around the world - New England, Florida, Cozumel, Honduras, Caymans, Bonaire, Turks & Caicos, Great Barrier Reef, Palau, Maldives, Thailand, etc

Paradise Reef in Cozumel has given us the best night dives that we have ever experienced. It's not good 100% of the time but it's still pretty darn good.

There is a really cool batik shop near the plaza on Calle Adolfo Rosado Salas. "Mayan Batik Factory." Be sure to stop in, say hola to Carlos, and buy cool T-shirt.
Hi, we almost stayed at the Scuba Club but didn't because they wanted us to take another entire course instead of a refresher to dive and we didn't want to spend our vacation doing coursework - we are NAUI certified but haven't dived in 30 years. We went elsewhere and did a two day refresher and felt competent, but nervous. Had an amazing divemaster!
Why is it your favorite place? Thanks!

Best I’ve ever dove was 75 and I thought that was nice and toasty. Much better than the usual 45 I dive in my 7mm.
That last time I dove in my 8/7 I had such high anxiety when I hit the water I had to wait 5 minutes at the surface to calm down. I admire folks who can dive with those heavy suits and enjoy the delights of cold water. I'll look at your pictures. :)

Back
Top Bottom