Woman drowns during training - Hidden Paradise Campground, Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without wanting to give too much detail out of respect for the family, this case was heard by a Grand Jury yesterday.

I suspect they are looking for Reckless Homicide.

Thank you for the update! Please share the outcome of that grand jury if possible when it becomes available.

The outcome was Criminal Recklessness which is a class B misdemeanor.

Thank you for the update.

Several possible reasons I can see for that verdict:
  1. The facts of the case as we know them aren't the true facts
  2. The prosecutors did a poor job arguing the case
  3. The laws in Indiana don't adequately protect the public from negligence

2. The prosecutors did a poor job arguing the case
  3. The laws in Indiana don't adequately protect the public from negligence

Well this was just a Grand Jury deciding whether to press charges. It will now go through the courts accordingly.

I have been convinced from the start that we have not heard the actual facts in this case. What has been reported makes no sense to me.

Well this was just a Grand Jury deciding whether to press charges. It will now go through the courts accordingly.

Was the criminal recklessness charge against the dive shop, the instructor, or Hidden Paradise? Can’t remember if another entity, maybe DAN, was also included. As I remember, without reading the original documents, Hidden Paradise and DAN (?) had filed to be removed from the original charges.

I have been convinced from the start that we have not heard the actual facts in this case. What has been reported makes no sense to me.

Was the criminal recklessness charge against the dive shop, the instructor, or Hidden Paradise? Can’t remember if another entity, maybe DAN, was also included. As I remember, without reading the original documents, Hidden Paradise and DAN (?) had filed to be removed from the original charges.
The criminal recklessness is against the instructor, Clay St John. DAN insurance filed a separate lawsuit as Bottoms Up Scuba lied on their insurance application.

Dive instructor..... Clay StJohn. If you haven't met him before, then count yourself among the fortunate ones.

Dive instructor..... Clay StJohn. If you haven't met him before, then count yourself among the fortunate ones.
You have no other posts than in this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom