Unconcious woman transported - Mukilteo, Washington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999

Woman transported to hospital after diving incident

For the second time in about a month, Mukilteo Police and Fire responded to a diver in distress call on the Mukilteo waterfront.

At 3:27 p.m. Saturday, dispatch received a call that divers in the water were yelling for help near the Silver Cloud Inn.

Before officers arrived, several people had already helped a woman diver to shore where she received medical treatment. The diver, who was unconscious, was then transported to the hospital.

South County Fire and the Everett Fire Department also responded to the incident.

A 33-year-old Edmonds man is presumed to have drowned after failing to surface near Lighthouse Park on June 17, while scuba diving. His companion diver, also 33, was uninjured. After an extensive search, the Coast Guard and Snohomish County Sheriff's Office dive team declared him missing and called off the search

Based on the reported time of the emergency call for the Mukilteo incident, these divers appear to have had the slack timed about right which makes this a fairly basic dive site with an entry and exit that really can't get any easier...... Just hope that the woman is OK.

There are too many fatalities in my area. In some cases there is a lot of information available, in others practically none. I did speak with a a lawyer that consults for DAN and he informed me at the time of our conversation that there were four cases in litigation that were never reported in the media. I see that there is a serious problem in my area, and I don't know how much worse it is in actuality than from what information is available. I only know that it is to some degree worse.

We have a tragedy here, and while we must be respectful to the friends and family of the deceased, I hope that information will come out that would be useful to changing the system to prevent or at least mitigate such fatalities from happening again.

There are too many fatalities in my area. In some cases there is a lot of information available, in others practically none. I did speak with a a lawyer that consults for DAN and he informed me at the time of our conversation that there were four cases in litigation that were never reported in the media. I see that there is a serious problem in my area, and I don't know how much worse it is in actuality than from what information is available. I only know that it is to some degree worse.

We have a tragedy here, and while we must be respectful to the friends and family of the deceased, I hope that information will come out that would be useful to changing the system to prevent or at least mitigate such fatalities from happening again.
Well said and I could not agree more!!!

The fact is that the PNW is awesome diving and that proper training, planning and experience can help to mitigate the challenges. But the fact is that cold water diving in high current and potentially low visibility conditions can be a recipe for trouble for those not properly trained,

I personally feel that cold water should be a seperate and stand alone certification. Divers that are certified and trained in cold water can easily transition to warm or fresh water diving......but the inverse can be problematic. Just say'n!!!

I personally feel that cold water should be a seperate and stand alone certification. Divers that are certified and trained in cold water can easily transition to warm or fresh water diving......but the inverse can be problematic. Just say'n!!!
It's the coldest I've ever dived, but I had practiced in New Mexico's Blue Hole, and dived California Channel Islands a few times. I dressed for it, except for the wrong socks. I got neoprene socks the next month, just in case. I don't know what I could do about the stinging on my face?

You’re saying there were four fatalities that didn’t get reported on publicly? How is anyone coming to the area supposed to learn if there are things to watch out for? And now, at Sund Rock, people are keeping it hush hush about this weekend? Bloody hell!

Oh, well, I too hope the lawyers leave the owners alone. The owners were really nice when I was there this winter. Darn lawyers!

Deleted.
Requesting the appropriate comments moved to Sund Rock death on Sunday 7/24/2022

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Posts about the Sund Rock incident have been moved.

I personally feel that cold water should be a seperate and stand alone certification. Divers that are certified and trained in cold water can easily transition to warm or fresh water diving

I'd qualify this by saying there should be a separate cert for poor vis and exposure to currents.

Cold water dives in clear water are a joy, and not so much different from warm waters so long as you're good with a drysuit.

Poor visibility and fighting currents compounds any problems. I had to re-learn everything about diving when I started diving in Puget Sound, and I'm still learning.

Back
Top Bottom