Wisdom 2 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredGarvin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
To whom it may concern:

I had my new Wisdom 2 fail on my first dive in Fiji. It had been used for only one week before on another dive trip. The batteries were good. The dive shop returned it to Sherwood for repair. When I got it back I was told it was a "software" glitch.

I ask, what exactly is a software glitch? I want to know more about this as my life depends on a functional dive computer. How often am I to expect such a failure? What causes this type of failure? How often are Wisdom 2 computers associated with "software" glitches.?

Thank you.
Garv:shocked2:

Garv,
We are not sure what the "glitch" was with your particular computer. The computers have error messages that require it to be repaired or replaced but these are very rare with the thousands of units we send out each year. You should probably not expect to experience one of these situations again due to how rare it occurs. Thank you again for your comments.

Garv,
We are not sure what the "glitch" was with your particular computer. The computers have error messages that require it to be repaired or replaced but these are very rare with the thousands of units we send out each year. You should probably not expect to experience one of these situations again due to how rare it occurs. Thank you again for your comments.

I'll be happy to identify my specific computer. I'd like to know exactly the issue that was identified at your factory that caused the computer to completely shut down upon entry into water. No "error" message was displayed.

Serial number: ? location, I have looked on the unit but cannot find it. Where is it located?

Thank you for your assistance.

Garv

This thread has been a joke. FredGarvin you put this up and did not describe you problem and expect sherwood to give you a answer base upon your scubaboard name. Two as a diver who does log dives has ten years of diving and wants to become a instructor you’re not going to die from a computer error on a recreation dive but you can die from you poor diving skills.

(Two) The serial number is on the back of the computer and they are not going to give you the same computer back.

(Three) sherwood gave a unacceptable answer. Base off of FredGarvin report it most likely a flooded, bad battery or wet activation was off and the 2hr cut off time hit just as he enter the water. But my bet is it flooded.

(Four) sherwood repsonse should have been what was the serial number of the computer, who sent it in and what date.Then answer FredGarvin question with good information.

FredGarvin: I would be interested in the details of your computer failure as well. I've had mine for a year and a half - I'd estimate 150 dives on it. Earlier this year, it failed on a night dive at Blue Heron Bridge. Gage came up fine, but the first time I hit the button to light up the screen, it "died." Wish I had documented the exact characters that showed up on the top row (everything else was blank), but it was gibberish as far as I could tell. In order to get the computer back live, I had to remove the battery and reinstall. No problems since, but this doese give me pause.

Sherwood sells quality equipment and will address any issue or concern right away when problems arise. Any returns come through our retailers not direct from consumers. Let me address some of the issues/comments noted above:

Fred Garvin: Please contact the retailer you purchased or sent in your Wisdom through and we will get you whatever answers you need. The serial # is on the left hand side of the computer once the boot is peeled back. The retailer can help you locate this if you are unable to and they can work with us to get you the information you need about what the specific problem was with your computer.

NCadiver: We do not feel this thread is not a joke. This is a diver trying to learn more about his equipment and a manufacturer trying to get the diver answers. We are sorry you feel this is an unacceptable answer. We did not have all of the information to provide the detailed answer of what the problem was. We do not guess (flooded, bad battery, etc) although these may have been the cause of the issue. We will get Fred the information he needs once we have the correct data to research this.

Wetlens: Please contact any authorized dealer to have your computer inspected if you have any concerns about your Wisdom 2.

If anyone out there has any questions about Sherwood products, please contact an authorized dealer or submit your question here: Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!

Sherwood sells quality equipment and will address any issue or concern right away when problems arise. Any returns come through our retailers not direct from consumers. Let me address some of the issues/comments noted above:

NCadiver: We do not feel this thread is not a joke. This is a diver trying to learn more about his equipment and a manufacturer trying to get the diver answers. We are sorry you feel this is an unacceptable answer. We did not have all of the information to provide the detailed answer of what the problem was. We do not guess (flooded, bad battery, etc) although these may have been the cause of the issue. We will get Fred the information he needs once we have the correct data to research this.

If anyone out there has any questions about Sherwood products, please contact an authorized dealer or submit your question here: Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!

sherwood:From your statement you said software error "The computers have error messages that require it to be repaired or replaced " which it did not have but your follow up statment was this "We did not have all of the information to provide the detailed answer of what the problem was." which you provide my point. As I said before you answered the question with out the serial number and know what the problem was. If it’s a software glitch that's more a recall then an individual repair.

I may be wrong but he said wisdom 2 not wisdom 2 metal buttons it's on the backside and I think its the same with the metal button as well
ref=dp_image_text_1_0

NCadiver: Let me try to clarify our answers. The error message statement noted above was not addressing a particular computer sent back, but rather all of our computers that have various error messages. The information we need to track individual returns is what dealer it was returned through, the date sent in, the serial # and the issue involved. We did not answer any question about any specific computer yet. Sherwood did not tell the customer it was a software glitch but perhaps the dealer, there has been no recall. The serial # for all Wisdom computers is on the left hand side. Thank you for your comments.

"The serial # for all Wisdom computers is on the left hand side. Thank you for your comments."
Hmmm...then I have no idea what the number is that I registered our two Wisdom 2 with online if it's not the one on the back. Is that location pictured in the manual somewhere? I can't find it.

Back
Top Bottom