Wisdom 2 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The serial # with the barcode that we as a manufacturer refer to is on the left hand side and yes, it is duplicated on the back so it is easy to see for consumers to register their products. We apologize for not mentioning that in our previous posts.

So what was the problem with this Wisdom 2 computer? If FredGarvin download the computer he should be able to give you the serial number and if not you should be able to trace it from the shop he sent it in from and use your RMA log to find out which computer it was and the issue with that wisdom 2.

ncadiver: The computer user had concerns, it was sent in and replaced. The issue has been resolved.
Team Sherwood

We know the computer was replaced, The question was never answered what was the problem with the computer? The dealer gave Fred Garvin canned response and sherwood gave a response without knowing which wisdom 2 he was talking about and what kind of glitch. The Level 2 glitch still happens to all three version of the wisdom computer and the 2025 year problem with the wisdom 2 metal button is still there the download software was adjusted to hide the problem. To actually fix it the hardware software will need to be updated.
So what was wrong with that computer you should be able to pull up the log and answer the question.

The issue has been resolved and all questions have been answered in our opinion (in previous posts). We are sorry you do not like our terminolgy in our answers (software glitch) but we will not be looking into this particular owners one computer any further as there is nothing more productive to give the Scubaboard community. If you have an issue (Level 2, year 2025, or anything else) with a Wisdom, please take it to a dealer and we will get it resovled. We do not hide problems with our life support equipment, we resolve them. If any Wisdom owner out there has an unresolved issue, please contact Sherwood customer service through the website and we will get you answers.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

The serial number was quite difficult to see:

017705 is the serial number

Garv

Thanks for your help FAB50 Diver, I finally got around to looking again today. The numbers were difficult for me to notice. They are indented into the hole below the battery compartment as you said, but they are very small and dark... very difficult for us with 50+ year old eyes to see.

In Reply to your post [post=5848908]#5848908[/post]
FredGarvin: I would be interested in the details of your computer failure as well. I've had mine for a year and a half - I'd estimate 150 dives on it. Earlier this year, it failed on a night dive at Blue Heron Bridge. Gage came up fine, but the first time I hit the button to light up the screen, it "died." Wish I had documented the exact characters that showed up on the top row (everything else was blank), but it was gibberish as far as I could tell. In order to get the computer back live, I had to remove the battery and reinstall. No problems since, but this doese give me pause.

Hello Wet Lens,

Its been a while since I had the failure and I haven't dived since. But based on what I recall, the computer died as soon as I hit the water for my first dive in Fiji... period. No "error messages" no alarm signal, nothing. Blank screen. The computer had only been used for one week's worth of diving the year before. It had seen maybe 14-16 dives since birth. I carefully dried and stored it. I checked battery capacity prior to leaving for Fiji and it was okay. I hand cared the unit onboard the plane to Fiji packed in a padded regulator case. When back on board the dive boat, I was able to reboot the computer to show the battery was fine again and the compartment was probably not flooded.

I really want a specific and direct answer and I find the Sherwood reps to be obscure about the reason.

Additionally, the serial number is difficult to find and read.

By the way, I am a physician so I know of the responsibility to their clients/customers of life support equipment manufacturers. If there is an issue with their product they MUST make the public aware both legally and ethically.

For a product so important as a dive computer to completely fail, there must be a reason, the failure of the unit was not an act of God. These are man-made items so there are always answers, it just takes some determined detective work to determine the cause.

Garv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom