Wisdom 2 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To all those who logged into this thread,

I just spoke directly to a representative, Tom, from Sherwood. He made a great effort to answer my questions. Unfortunately, as opposed to the medical and aviation world, in the world of scuba there appears to be a limited paper trail of information related to a specific dive computer.

Tom does not have any information pertaining to the issue with my personal dive computer.
He said that if an answer to a problem is not easily gleaned from a dive computer, then the computer is replaced with a new unit.

Again, he has no direct documented information about the specifics in my case but simply describes the standard routine his office follows when presented with an issue like mine.

So, based on our conversation I assume I have a new computer. I assume there is no answer to what caused the failure of my computer, at least no answer that I will ever be privy to. I assume this was a very unusual problem and I should be able to dive the rest of my days fat, happy and content with my new Sherwood Wisdom 2.

I want to thank Sherwood for their time and effort.

Garv :wink:

P.S. I am left wondering why it was necessary to provide the serial number of my computer... what difference does this make in tracking problems?

P.S.S. I want to suggest to Sherwood that a paper trail for life support equipment is - maybe - a good idea?

FredGarvin thanks for the update. Most likely it flooded and saltwater on electronics destroys the electronics and the circuit board making it useless and they toss it but they should still keep records.

Sherwood should really learn there own product.

Back
Top Bottom