Winter is coming - whining thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I for one am just looking for a deal on some insulation so the upcoming colder temperatures don't get in the way of my passion. If anyone knows of a good deal on a farmer john and shorty Id sure appreciate a heads up. Im stocky and not tall...lol
probably need a large.
I sure hope that there will be a few of you who dont hibernate so we can enjoy the improved water clarity together.
Cheers, Walt

That just means you are going back to diving in your winter shortie :D

-J.-

Oh there is someone that knows me. :D

It was 55F and breezy on our SI. My buddy was in a 3 mil shivering, I was warm and dry. :D :palmtree: Bob

Buddy doesn't have a boat coat? I love, love, love my boat coat. I was curled up inside it this past weekend actually.

Walt I'm not one to hibernate. I think I am going to have to break down and do this dri-suit thing though. I'm get cold these days. :idk: Someone said it might be age. :shocked2:

The east coast is still doing alright, I recorded 86F and 85F water temp Saturday
morning but this was just before the cool front.

Jeff, Are you saying we should be grateful for what we have? But we live here because it is supposed to be warm. There is a reason for steering clear of places like New England. :popcorn:

Actually it was 48 when I did Isle of Shoals wet two years ago. I have no idea how I survived that now... :shocked2:

Buddy doesn't have a boat coat? I love, love, love my boat coat. I was curled up inside it this past weekend actually.

Walt I'm not one to hibernate. I think I am going to have to break down and do this dri-suit thing though. I'm get cold these days. :idk: Someone said it might be age. :shocked2:

I love my drysuit. It's the only way to go if you want to dive all winter. The SI's are much more comfortable in a drysuit. There's a learning curve, but I don't think that would be a issue with you. If you do go dry and need any help, just let me know. :palmtree: Bob

Cold water diving. Drive your pickup truck right out to the shipwreck!

icephotos24pay02.jpg

DC

Hey Bob!

What drysuit do you dive with?

I dove a dry suit in Colorado with no specific dry suit training or certification. Has that all changed. My old drysuit was basically a 1/4" neoprene suit with inflation and sealed zippers. Is it really worth spending the funds etc on a dry suit in FL?
Regards, Walt

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom