Winter is coming - whining thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bob!

What drysuit do you dive with?

Hey Boats,
I dive a DUI TLS 350. This picture isn't so good, but it's all I have. You can see a little bit of the suit.

Attachments

• roberts pictures.jpg
    roberts pictures.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 44
Can someone turn on the heater in the Gulf please, before it's too late?

It was 81F this after noon when I was at the boat. This temp is taken 1' deep in 3' of water I think the tide was outgoing.

Come on lets all say it together..... I love you dry suit!!!!!!! I didn't think I was going to like it at all but when you get out and you are still nice and toasty instead of shivering it makes it all worth while. I have to admit that Brandon was right :wink: he told me I would love it once I gave it a shot.

I for one am just looking for a deal on some insulation so the upcoming colder temperatures don't get in the way of my passion. If anyone knows of a good deal on a farmer john and shorty Id sure appreciate a heads up. Im stocky and not tall...lol
probably need a large.
I sure hope that there will be a few of you who dont hibernate so we can enjoy the improved water clarity together.
Cheers, Walt

My advice to you is "Tommy D Sports". He has a wharehouse on county line road. Hernando/pasco. Great service, great prices. try it on there for the best fit.

I for one am just looking for a deal on some insulation so the upcoming colder temperatures don't get in the way of my passion. If anyone knows of a good deal on a farmer john and shorty Id sure appreciate a heads up. Im stocky and not tall...lol
probably need a large.
I sure hope that there will be a few of you who dont hibernate so we can enjoy the improved water clarity together.
Cheers, Walt

I do know of an instructor who is selling off lots of new and used gear. I will ask his permission to post his number.
I already bought a drysuit from him, it was ALMOST new!

Oh there is someone that knows me. :D

Buddy doesn't have a boat coat? I love, love, love my boat coat. I was curled up inside it this past weekend actually.

Walt I'm not one to hibernate. I think I am going to have to break down and do this dri-suit thing though. I'm get cold these days. :idk: Someone said it might be age. :shocked2:

Now THATs funny!

Cold water diving. Drive your pickup truck right out to the shipwreck!

icephotos24pay02.jpg

DC

I guess there are some advantages. :dontknkow::D

I dove a dry suit in Colorado with no specific dry suit training or certification. Has that all changed. My old drysuit was basically a 1/4" neoprene suit with inflation and sealed zippers. Is it really worth spending the funds etc on a dry suit in FL?
Regards, Walt

It can get pretty cold here Walt. Check this thread to see temps for the last two years and see what you think: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-tampa-bay-area/215852-area-gulf-water-conditions.html

As for training, I wouldn't do it w/o training. Just from what I know and have read a bit of training goes a long way. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom