Winter is coming - whining thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff, Are you saying we should be grateful for what we have? But we live here because it is supposed to be warm. There is a reason for steering clear of places like New England. :popcorn:

Actually it was 48 when I did Isle of Shoals wet two years ago. I have no idea how I survived that now... :shocked2:

I'm with you, Trac, if I wanted cold weather I'd move back to Chicago, Il.ugh

Funny, the water where I dive is still 72F and will remain that temperature all winter long :)

the gulf is not 72 or 73 it is still in the upper 79 or 80. if you look at bouy surface temps offshore. the news gets there water temps from piers around the state in 1ft of water not very accurate.

Winter is coming!? OH NO!!!! Your in Florida for heaven sakes! Come to Canada in the summer, but don't forget the dry suit... LOL :)

Funny, the water where I dive is still 72F and will remain that temperature all winter long :)

:mooner: Your point being you freeze your bum off year 'round? :crafty:

the gulf is not 72 or 73 it is still in the upper 79 or 80. if you look at bouy surface temps offshore. the news gets there water temps from piers around the state in 1ft of water not very accurate.

Giles was speaking of the springs John. I think most are agreeing temps are around about 79.

Last edited:
Your in Florida for heaven sakes!

That is why we are whining! We don't live in Canada lol. Some of us here, not all, are www's. I'll admit to being one, though I will still dive and wet at that. :)

:mooner: Your point being you freeze your bum off year 'round? :crafty:

Giles was speaking of the springs John. I think most are agreeing temps are around about 79.

Not much butt to freeze :) But I figure 72 is WAY above freezing for me. I'm okay to the mid-50's in a 7mm. I dove SoCal in a 7mm w/ a hooded vest and only started to feel it after close to an hour at depths of ~ 80' on a scooter.

Poor babies! Water was 74 here on Sunday. But there was 2 inches of fresh wet snow on the ground! Can;t wait til Feb to get back under the ice! That should be fun as it looks like two weeks before I'll be diving in Puerto Rico! Traci, you can come up here and dive anytime- drysuit, 5 mil, bikini, or even nekkid! We'll support you in every way. Will even take pics to show here on SB.

The water temp has dropped ~10 degrees in 7 days, for us thinned skinned it's time to break out the 3mm.

Brrrr....

I tried on my 3mm earlier this year before going to Weekie Wachee. Didn't fit. :( Musta shrunk hanging in the closet.

A 3mil? :confused: I dunno how people do it in 70 degree water with a 3mil

I need a 6mil to stay warm. The first time I dived Weeki a friend of mine told me he did it in a 3mil and was fine. I did the dive in my 3mil and FROZE!!:cold:

Poor babies! Water was 74 here on Sunday. But there was 2 inches of fresh wet snow on the ground! Can;t wait til Feb to get back under the ice! That should be fun as it looks like two weeks before I'll be diving in Puerto Rico!

That be pretty odd. That I'd like to dive - I think. :thinking:

Traci, you can come up here and dive anytime- drysuit, 5 mil, bikini, or even nekkid! We'll support you in every way. Will even take pics to show here on SB.

Jim, I know I've told you this before but I have to say it again, you are such a thoughtful person. :D:rofl3: If it weren't for people like you, SB just wouldn't be worth it.

Thing here with our weather, right now the water may still be warm but getting out can be tricky. Now is when YOU Northerners start sending fronts our way and shake up the seas. Rotten northerners. :scorned: :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom