Winter Diving in KY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im working on my cavern right now. Im lucky enough to be living in cavern country here in florida where I got the gulf less than a mile away and fresh water springs all around. Its looking like its going to be a really expensive course getting cavern certified though. ALOT more than just OW

29th works for me. We might also have LandLocked, since he is back from Bonaire. I sent an email to termop but no reply as of yet. He was in Coz a few days ago so it might take a day or two.
That sounds good. I chat on AIM with Terfmop all the time. I'll also try.

Last mate, I did my cavern course back in Sept. Had an absolute blast with it. I plan to go through Intro to cave & full cave in Feb. In the mean time I have lots & lots of practicing to do, but then, If I can run a reel in 5mm gloves, bare hands in 40 degree water, bare hands will be a cinch.

Im thinking next summer is when im going to try that one out. Water may be a little too cold just yet

I was at Pennyroyal last weekend for a class & the vis to about 90 ft. was fantastic (50 ft. or better). Below 90 ft it went to about 6 in. We figure that the thermoclines must be tuning over down there & had the bottom stirred up.

I wondered what Blue Springs would do with the thermocine probably gone. Sounds like the viz is going to suck next year as well.

Back
Top Bottom