Winnipesaukee Divers????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone make their way to Lake Winnipesaukee in the great state of New Hampshire when it's not frozen over? If so, and you want to get wet, let me know. Love diving the big lake, and taking charters out with Dive Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro. Also interested in divign the northeastern part of the lake -- I think it's been explored way too little, and there may be some fun stuff to find.

I am up there sporadically throughout July and August. I am on the water, have access to a boat, and have my own equipment. Let me know.

I've been bugging my bother- and sis-in-laws to go diving up there. There are some wrecks I want to check out (Lady of the Lake, rail cars, etc.). I may not be able to get up there again until after August, but keep me in mind.

- eric

I've been on Lady of the Lake. Cool dive. Cooler still are some of the sites off of the islands that have the older houses on the western side of the Lake. Way back when, say, in the 1800s, islanders would burn their garbage and throw the burnt remnants in the Lake. Bottles survived, blackened. On one boat dive we did last summer, a guy found a beautiful old volt meter (from what, we do not know). It was brass, elaborately engraved, and mounted on a circular slab of white marble. Nice find.

Next week, I am joining up with another guy up there to look for a car that fell through the ice in 1937 -- and is rumored to still be on th bottom. He found the original newspaper clipping, and we have a general idea where it is -- but we'll have to do some searching. The original newspaper account claimed it was in about 30 feet of water (it got so much attention becasuse the driver died). So we'll be able to stay down a good long time while looking.

I've got a friend that lives in Wolfeboro and we own a boat together. We're out on the lake almost every weekend and dive quite a bit. The railroad cars...not much left of the ones over west of laconia.

Anyway I'd like to catch up with anyone diving the lake or Southern NH...or I live over in maine.....

Rick

We're just north of Wolfeboro -- in Melvin Village. In fact, I'm heading up there this evening (7/31) and will be diving on Sunday's charter out of Dive Winnipesaukee.

Portland, eh? You must know of Gritty's. The founder/owner is an old college friend and housemate of mine. Great beer!

g

Haven't met him, but love the place! His brown ale is like nectar.... :coke:

-Roman.

Me and my buddy are going camping near Lake Winnipesaukee and we want to get in a couple of cool dives there. Any recommendations? Shore dives would be nice but we do have a boat. Also, how the heck do you get to some of these sites? Thanks!

Pop into Dive Winnipesaukee in Wolfboro once you're up there. They have maps, and should be able to help you with sites. They also have a Sunday morning charter that goes out. (Holy free advertising!!!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom