Wing. OMS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same thing happen to my Halcyon Evolve wing. The stitching came off the exterior bag. I called Halcyon and they told me to send the outer bag and they'd send me a new one. Instead, since I was going to be in High Springs cave diving, I took the wing with me. Not only did Halcyon replace the outer bag, they gave me a brand new wing on the spot. That's customer service!

That is exactly why I buy everything from Halcyon. :wink:

It's a good wing but I would suggest getting it with the retraction bands.

They do no harm yet have the added bonus of enraging people who don't know any better.
Absolutely!!!!
It is the ambiient pressure which squeeze out the air from a rupture bc rather than the bungees.
I just wonder if anyone had ever done any meanful experiments on all the so-called disadvantages of bungeed wing?
Anyone remembered the basic deep dive training when the instructor brought a closed plastic bottle to 20-30m? What happened?
What is the water pressure per square in/cm at 40m?

Absolutely!!!!
It is the ambiient pressure which squeeze out the air from a rupture bc rather than the bungees.
I just wonder if anyone had ever done any meanful experiments on all the so-called disadvantages of bungeed wing?Anyone remembered the basic deep dive training when the instructor brought a closed plastic bottle to 20-30m? What happened?

I did, I took a bag down to depth and then filled it up with air, the air didnt come out. Then I squeezed the bag, and air came out, imagine that. The bubble of air goes to the highest point, it doesnt just come out because of pressure, now when you squeeze the bag and displace gas, you decrease the room for it and it comes out.

Absolutely!!!!
I just wonder if anyone had ever done any meanful experiments on all the so-called disadvantages of bungeed wing?
Anyone remembered the basic deep dive training when the instructor brought a closed plastic bottle to 20-30m? What happened?

Please explain how a lift bag works.

Lift bags only work if you cut the bungies off first. Good news is you can buy them that way now.

The poster above is a little late to the party. A certain Dr. even stopped arguing when you point out that lift bags are just like an un-bungied wing with a big ass hole in the bottom.

You have to pump air into the lift bag to make it work!!!! What is that going to do with a rupture bc? Do you hold on to it or let it shoot up?
Put two identical OMS bc, one with bungee and the other without, under water. Secure them properly, fully inflate them and then pull the dump valve. Which one will be the first to be completely emptied of air?

I did, I took a bag down to depth and then filled it up with air, the air didnt come out. Then I squeezed the bag, and air came out, imagine that. The bubble of air goes to the highest point, it doesnt just come out because of pressure, now when you squeeze the bag and displace gas, you decrease the room for it and it comes out.

That is crap. Next you are going to claim that the air in the bag gets bigger (I think expands is the voodoo term) as the bag moves toward the surface.

If you can keep gas in a bag with a hole in the bottom the only conclusion is you are a witch, and must be burned at the stake.

That is crap. Next you are going to claim that the air in the bag gets bigger (I think expands is the voodoo term) as the bag moves toward the surface.

If you can keep gas in a bag with a hole in the bottom the only conclusion is you are a witch, and must be burned at the stake.
I first read this and thought to myself "omg what an idiot".......then I realized you were joking ...DOH!

You have to pump air into the lift bag to make it work!!!! What is that going to do with a rupture bc? Do you hold on to it or let it shoot up?
Put two identical OMS bc, one with bungee and the other without, under water. Secure them properly, fully inflate them and then pull the dump valve. Which one will be the first to be completely emptied of air?

So you put air into the lift bag. Just like you put air into a BCD/Wing.

The liftbag has a hole in the bottom, allowing you to fill it. Just like a torn Bladder/Wing

The liftbag holds air, without it being squeezed out by pressure even though it has a hole in the bottom, a large one at that. Just like a torn Bladder/wing.

Am i correct Centrals?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom