Wing. OMS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The liftbag holds air, without it being squeezed out by pressure even though it has a hole in the bottom, a large one at that. Just like a torn Bladder/wing.

Am i correct Centrals?

Ya serious? :idk:

We need sarcasm tags... if thats whats happening here... sometimes that junk is lost on the interwebs.

i don't understand what problem the bungees are supposed to solve anyway

The theory is they get the wing out of the way when deflated, and help get all the gas out when deflating. Let me be clear, that is the theory not my stance on the subject.

Superbugman, the lift bag thing make alot more scense if you read the hole thread, some folks were trying to convince the rest of us that a hole in a wing would cause it to deflate because the WATER PREASURE would push out the gas. A lift bag was offered as a counter argument (because it has a big as hole in the bottom and holds gas just fine.)

A few posters were having trouble thinking through ambient preasure. Most of them are getting it right at this point.

I did, I took a bag down to depth and then filled it up with air, the air didnt come out. Then I squeezed the bag, and air came out, imagine that. The bubble of air goes to the highest point, it doesnt just come out because of pressure, now when you squeeze the bag and displace gas, you decrease the room for it and it comes out.

Kind of like they taught us how to get trapped air out of a BC! Hot dang.

You are correct of course Rox. What some people are forgetting is that the gas pressure inside any open vessel is at the ambient pressure of the water, so collapsing the vessel (making it smaller) causes volume of gas to "compress". It's pressure should increase. The pressure inside the vessel of course won't increase because it's OPEN~ the gas is displaced to keep it's pressure the same as the ambient pressure.

Blow a balloon up at the surface, let it go it deflates. Same I suspect will happen at depth.

One of the pros of bungeed wings after all is one side can be bungeed tighter for an unbalanced load. The bungees will force the air into an non-bungeed side of the wing.

One of the pros of bungeed wings after all is one side can be bungeed tighter for an unbalanced load. The bungees will force the air into an non-bungeed side of the wing.

That's shenanigans. What happens when you take a bottle off? How do you manage for 1 vs 2 vs 3 bottles? Bottles filled with gas are lighter than bottles filled with nitrox. Do you adjust your bungee every time?

The theory is they get the wing out of the way when deflated, and help get all the gas out when deflating. Let me be clear, that is the theory not my stance on the subject.

lol out of the way of what?

when you have one of the fabulous 98 lbs wings from oms, you need to get all that extra material out of the way of ceilings if your doing wreck penetrations or something similar.

lol :d

That's shenanigans. What happens when you take a bottle off? How do you manage for 1 vs 2 vs 3 bottles? Bottles filled with gas are lighter than bottles filled with nitrox. Do you adjust your bungee every time?

I don't dive a bungeed wing.

But for argument's sake...did I say anything about stage bottle?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom