Wing. OMS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I had a rip say at the bottom area of the wing etc... the bungee's will help squeeze the remaining gas out... you can still keep air in a regular wing if the rip is not too terrible on the other hand, not as easy to do with a bungeed wing, and besides the other two reasons NOT to use bungeed wings are plenty relavent.

You're welcome :)

Try diving horizontal. That way there is no "bottom" of the wing.

Try diving horizontal. That way there is no "bottom" of the wing.

Sure there is, the lower side or 'bottom' of the wing, perhaps I should have elaborated. If you'll take a gander at my profile pic I'm sure you can see that I'm more or less horizontal in it. :)

:popcorn:

Lol, ok.

So what do you think a bungee does? And lemme guess, lean left rich right? Lets see you do that with 5 bottles. I guess its the hogarthian lite forum now.

Lol, ok.

So what do you think a bungee does? And lemme guess, lean left rich right? Lets see you do that with 5 bottles. I guess its the hogarthian lite forum now.

Don't get technical just yet.

I still want to hear how no one would ever carry tanks on the right.

I am also waiting to hear from these people how a couple of rubber bands will defy physics and push air from a bladder that is already under a great deal of water pressure.

They know so much. Let’s hear it….

Lift bags are open at the bottom and the gas doesn't squeeze out, to my way of thinking the gas in the wing is at ambient preasure, just like the gas in your lungs, so if the hole in the wing is lower than the gas in the wing some gas should stay in.

That is just how it works in my mind, if I am wrong, please explain it to me.

Thats right, Troutmaster. Now if you squeeze the lift bag (like a bungee would) the gas will be displaced. Since the OMS bungees apply pressure to the entire wing, no matter where the puncture or failure is, gas will escape, and body position will not stop this from happening.

Dr Wu, wearing tanks on the right side gets in the way of the longhose, interferes with scooter diving, and results in both sides of the diver encumbered with tanks. On dives requiring more space than is available on the left size, a support team is probably in order.

wearing tanks on the right side gets in the way of the longhose

I disagree, depending on the size of the stage

If you're using a 6 litre, the long hose tucks neatly under the bottle below a right hip d-ring, similar to how it would with a can light

I would avoid OMS.

Some of their gear is okay, but their customer service is infamously bad.

I had an OMS wing that literally fell apart after about 60 or so dives. The stitching around the zipper and zipper cover came undone on the inside and it fell apart.

I sent the wing in to OMS for repair. What I experienced with OMS was unbelievable. They were rude and unhelpful. They even didn't even keep my customer information with the wing and they didn't know why the wing was there or who it belonged to. When I called OMS to find out why it was taking so long to get my wing fixed and returned to me, they blamed me for not calling to claim my wing! OMS actually told me that they didn't who the wing belonged to or how to get hold of me and it was my responsibility to call them!

Oh, yeah, and I never did my wing repaired under their warranty. I kept calling and calling. They kept telling me that they would return to the wing to me. Despite the fact that I gave them my name and address again and again, OMS never did repair the wing and return it to me. I just gave up trying to deal with them.

I didn't want that P.O.S. back anyway.

"Caveat emptor"

I had the same thing happen to my Halcyon Evolve wing. The stitching came off the exterior bag. I called Halcyon and they told me to send the outer bag and they'd send me a new one. Instead, since I was going to be in High Springs cave diving, I took the wing with me. Not only did Halcyon replace the outer bag, they gave me a brand new wing on the spot. That's customer service!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom