Windy Point/Mansfield 12/18 or 19?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narcd_dvr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone going diving on either days? Travis is now a balmy 64degrees, good time for dry suit diving..

I'll be out there one day...not sure which right now, but most likely Saturday morning fairly early.

That's right, there's the weekend dive and camping. I'll be there Saturday as well.

I'm still planning on being out at Travis Saturday morning. Anyone else? I was planning on working on the Bob Wentz map some more, but I'm open. I'll have plenty of time to work on the map over the next couple of weeks.

BTW, that fellow who was talking about the virtual dive software is up for creating a virtual dive of the Windy Point area. If anyone wants to help let me know and we'll get it knocked out.

I was at Windy Point Park this afternoon. Vis was 4-5 feet and water temp was 62 degrees.

4-5ft viz? That's not bad. The last time I dove, was during Thanksgiving week and it was around 2-3 ft.

I was at Windy Point Park this afternoon. Vis was 4-5 feet and water temp was 62 degrees.

It sounds like vis is starting to improve a bit with the cold water. I'm still going out tomorrow morning, but I'll be next door at Bob Wentz.

I do believe that the viz is starting to trend up. Did two dives at Windy Point private on Friday.

Got a chance to open up some early Christmas presents when I explained to the wife that it would really suck to loose our son in the lake when two brand new IST LS-9 light sticks were under the tree instead of strapped to our tanks. These things are awesome - like diving with a light saber strapped to your tank. Many thanks to k-valve for introducing me to them.

On the way up chain one from about 80 feet, the viz looked to be in the 4 foot range from 80 to 50 feet. It's still cave dark down below 40 feet from all the soup that's up top, but I would say that a nice layer of moderate viz is setting up down in the dark zone. Break out the lights and enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom