Windy Point conditions report 1-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was taught this as an option, my preference is...

That's the bottom line isn't it? Diver preference...even our DIR friends made the choice to Do It theiR way. :wink:

That's the bottom line isn't it? Diver preference...even our DIR friends made the choice to Do It theiR way. :wink:

You'd think everyone would know by now, if you put anything on the right your gonna die.

You'd think everyone would know by now, if you put anything on the right your gonna die.

.....:wink:

Wow Matt,

Seems you have started a cult....

Setting up a good cult is a process you know. So, we're still working on it. I'm going over to Glenn's shindig tonight and see if I can pick up some recruits at the Austin Aqua Club meeting. I figure that place will be overrun with possible candidates.

We're planning to build the compound on Starnes Island. We'll have women, food and beer ferried over once or twice a week. No Kool-Aid allowed!! The boat will be reserved for diving only. No party boats allowed within 100' of the island. The only exception being those overflowing with young college girls.

We haven't thought of a name yet. Any ideas?

:rofl3:

I was taught this as an option, my preference is all on left side depending on what I'm hauling, after i get up to 3 AL 80's I have to use both sides.

Carrying bottles on your right WILL interfier with long hose deployment if you are not very careful about how you clip stuff on and route your hose, typically it is not a problem for me but I have had the long hose get hung up before during practicing, it does not give me warm fuzzies.

Typically as well I'll carry o2 on my right side as for in a cave I dump it right away, I just clip the top clip and go. In lakes I carry all on left side lean to rich.

I was taught I could carry on both sides if I wanted to. I was also told after all bottles are hooked up THEN do your pre-dive share gas drill. That will tell you right then if you corralled the long hose. Remember a clean routed hose is a good thing.

Dave

jonestown?!

No...I said "no Kool-aid." Besides, jac, even though I don't know you personally, you're on the top of my recruiting list just based on your posts.:D Are you going to be at Glenn's tonight? I have brochures!! :rofl3:

jonestown?!

That one was tried already, with less than favorable results. :shakehead: How about Starnesville?

We might also consider Central Repository of Aquatic Patrons, C.R.A.P. :D It takes a special person to want to be called a crappy diver. Of course, only D.I.M.W.I.T.s would be allowed.

That one was tried already, with less than favorable results. :shakehead: How about Starnesville?

We might also consider Central Repository of Aquatic Patrons, C.R.A.P. :D It takes a special person to want to be called a crappy diver. Of course, only D.I.M.W.I.T.s would be allowed.

Thanks for reminding me of that, Mack! Of course, this is a D.I.M.W.I.T.S. only resort...umm, I mean cult.

We'll let you in, but you'll have to bring your compressor, Haskel and O2 & He bottles. We have a huge generator being delivered out to the island this weekend. It'll run your compressor and still have plenty of juice for the big screen TVs. :D

Back
Top Bottom