Windy Point conditions report 1-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Matt welcome to SB....John has spoken highly of you over the months....and most of it has been good....:D

Thanks for the welcome. I had to join SB to check up on what John was saying about me. :wink:

Thanks for the welcome. I had to join SB to check up on what John was saying about me. :wink:

LOL!!

John is a nice fellow, maybe at some point we all can hook-up for a dive.

:wink:

i used to know a guy named matt booth a long time ago. took a rescue class from him and his wife, he was a patent attorney. probably not the same guy though. hehe

Probably not as I'm not a SSI instructor. :D

See? I told ya'll he is a pretty sharp guy...for an attorney. :D

You should be able to identify all gear by feel, my o2 bottle has a different clip than my 50%, some people use mouth piece blocks on o2 to tell the difference.

I was just joking, but good points. :wink: My superior tech instructor, Matt Booth of Booth Divers in Austin, TX, Booth Divers - Home (Is there a "sucking up" icon? :rofl3:) also taught me to hang my lean mix on my left and rich mix on my right...lean/left...rich/right. That works well too.

........also taught me to hang my lean mix on my left and rich mix on my right...lean/left...rich/right. That works well too.

Bring on the DIR Practitioners......:rofl3:...... sorry could not resist.

PS-- (left/right) this is the protocol I use also by the way ....... :wink:

It boils down as do many other choices in diving to 'personal choice' and what works best for you the diver....that said--'all left' works too....I have chose to be skilled at both methods and remain flexible.

Bring on the DIR Practitioners......:rofl3:...... sorry could not resist.

PS-- (left/right) this is the protocol I use also by the way ....... :wink:.

Hey, now!!! Don't forget who had your back when those Canadians were jumping on you in the tech forum!! Of course, I caused more problems than I solved on that one...I did have a good time messin' with 'em though! :rofl3:

I was just joking, but good points. :wink: My superior tech instructor, Matt Booth of Booth Divers in Austin, TX, Booth Divers - Home (Is there a "sucking up" icon? :rofl3:)

I must also say that Professor Booth also teaches a very thorough gas blending class. Thanks to his tutelage, we now have three certified trimix gas blenders at Oak Hill Scuba. :D

I was just joking, but good points. :wink: My superior tech instructor, Matt Booth of Booth Divers in Austin, TX, Booth Divers - Home (Is there a "sucking up" icon? :rofl3:) also taught me to hang my lean mix on my left and rich mix on my right...lean/left...rich/right. That works well too.

I was taught this as an option, my preference is all on left side depending on what I'm hauling, after i get up to 3 AL 80's I have to use both sides.

Carrying bottles on your right WILL interfier with long hose deployment if you are not very careful about how you clip stuff on and route your hose, typically it is not a problem for me but I have had the long hose get hung up before during practicing, it does not give me warm fuzzies.

Typically as well I'll carry o2 on my right side as for in a cave I dump it right away, I just clip the top clip and go. In lakes I carry all on left side lean to rich.

Back
Top Bottom