Windows 7 Wisdom Software / USB Driver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rschnied

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently had to replace my desktop computer and have installed the latest driver and log software for my Wisdom computer. My new computer has Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. The software will only run in Xp or Vista emulation mode but I can not get the driver to download from the Wisdom. I get and error and the software closes.
My question is are Windows 7 software and drivers in the works? IF not any suggestions?

Thanks

Rich

rschnied three thing you will need to list the error code two the dive computer does load drivers and the software run in win7 native mode.

I recently had to replace my desktop computer and have installed the latest driver and log software for my Wisdom computer. My new computer has Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. The software will only run in Xp or Vista emulation mode but I can not get the driver to download from the Wisdom. I get and error and the software closes.
My question is are Windows 7 software and drivers in the works? IF not any suggestions?

Thanks

Rich

Oh no . . . Rich, did you have 64-bit before? If you did not, you need a 64-bit driver . . . and if they do not make one, you are screwed.

That said, I know nothing about "Wisdom". How do you connect to the computer? If it is infrared or bluetooth, you may have to buy a new device that comes with 64-bit drivers. No prob, really, about $30US.

Let us know the rest of the story, and I'll try to help.

rschnied three thing you will need to list the error code two the dive computer does load drivers and the software run in win7 native mode.

Correction:The dive computer does not load drivers

The correct driver for Win 7 64 bit is "USB Driver Vista 64 Bit"

It is the same driver for Vista and Windows 7.

Sounds like he went from x32 to x64 . . . as in Vista 32-bit to Win7 64-bit. He might not even HAVE the driver in question.

Do you have a link to the driver in question?

Sorry I have not replied to all your posts but I have been unable to gt to the computer much over the last week. Sherwood reps have replied to me several times and have given me instructions on correcting the problem, but so far it is not fixed.

I was 64bit prior in Vista Ultimate and even tried a new driver supplied by the factory but still had the same runtime error. I saw earlier that the facotry posted another new 64bit driver on the web site yesterday which I have not had the time to try yet. I will try it tonight and let everyone know if it solves the problem.

The end result of my correspondence with the Factory rep is it appears all my drivers are properly installed but still not working so more investigation to go.

Thanks for your help!

If you still have a problem after your next attempt. Let me know what the actual error reads on your screen so i can send it to the Software Engineer.

Thanks,

it turns out I had a conflict between a weather station on a usb to serial adaptor. With that out and the driver unloaded it works fine.

But I have a new question now. We got our Daughter a new Wisdom 2 CG9125 computer for Christmas. We used the USB interface cable I already had and the driver loads and the software loads but the Wisdom 2 never sees the cable. Apparently in the new computer it goes into PC mode automatically when the interface cable is plugged in, at least according to the book, but this one does not.

I have read that there is a new cablem how do I tell which cable I have? There are no marking on the interface cable at all. Is there an upgrade to the cable or a replacement for the cable?

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom