Updating an old MKVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matko84

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello to all.
I'm trying to update a posedion MKVI for months but I got zero progress. I think I have tried all the things I can think of and got nowhere. I wonder about your thoughts and advice about this. Here is the story:

Poseidon MKVI is no longer produced and not getting updates and such. To update it I need an USB IrDA. I've got the infrared USB. (here's the photo of it https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/8234/GDQvG7.jpg )
If I'm not wrong these usb things are also old and might not be supported by newer versions of windows (which I've tried all of my processes in new windows versions and in windows 7 too.) so I set up a Windows 7 Virtual Machine too but ı couldn't get anywhere. I even downloaded the windows IrDA feature from the settings.
I even contacted posedion and they send me the MKVI software PC conf guide and the configuration software. After trying and not getting anywhere I contacted them again and they told me they are keeping an old computer for servicing the MKVI. That’s why I set up a Win7 VM.
The IrDA USB needs to blink if it’s working, I' didn’t see a blink through all of my tryings.
Does anyone still uses MKVI? How do you maintain this software configuring process? What do I need to do? I wonder all of your thoughts and advice.

I use an older computer, tryed to use a windows 10 computer but didnt get it to work.

Well I don't know, do you have the codes to keep them running after these things
expire without a compulsory factory service, whether you have used them or not?

Well I don't know, do you have the codes to keep them running after these things
expire without a compulsory factory service, whether you have used them or not?
Just call your local poseidon service dude.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom