Wilma... wonderful, just wonderful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
continuous coverage of absolutely nothing so there is now hours and hours of speculations being broadcast from 103402 different locations along the SWFL coast in what could possibly be the path of the hurricane.... So, we've turned off the local garbage, put on movies, makin pop corn and movies and will around online until the power goes out, from there, unless the cable goes out I'll check in periodically when I run the generator :D
Just keep an eye here.
Rick

Winds here are picking up a little bit now... A few strong gusts... Luckily the NBC in Miami has sunday night tv shows on their website.

As Colin and our friend Greg were putting up the boards, Xavier and I went out to the butterfly garden to check the milkweed for caterpillars. We found one little baby, and I just couldn't stand the thought of it getting blown away through the night.

So now the little bugger (literally) is hanging out on the leaf of one of my homegrown milkweeds which I placed on our mantel in the living room. I figure he won't go wandering too far with his foodsource right there. Then I'll let him go after things calm down tomorrow or Tuesday.

Yeah, I know... I'm a dork! LOL! :wink:

Keep safe, everyone!

Love, Kris

KBulla:
As Colin and our friend Greg were putting up the boards, Xavier and I went out to the butterfly garden to check the milkweed for caterpillars. We found one little baby, and I just couldn't stand the thought of it getting blown away through the night.

So now the little bugger (literally) is hanging out on the leaf of one of my homegrown milkweeds which I placed on our mantel in the living room. I figure he won't go wandering too far with his foodsource right there. Then I'll let him go after things calm down tomorrow or Tuesday.

Yeah, I know... I'm a dork! LOL! :wink:

Keep safe, everyone!

Love, Kris
Nope, you're kind hearted...

Don, you know my wife to well.. have you met her?? :D

Here ya go.. watch the bludgening unfold:

http://www.nbc-2.com/

The local station put it on the main page.... and it seems like a new design for the website, so expect unworking bits here and there. :)

Wilma 11 p.m.: 24.4N 83.7W | Moving: NE 18 mph Wind: 115 mph

CBulla:
Don, you know my wife to well.. have you met her?? :D
Nope, hope to meet both of y'all someday. Didn't know y'all raised milkweeds for Cuban migrants. That's neat. :thumb: How big they get there? Saw some huge ones on St.John, USVI once.

It's 7:30 am in Ft Laud... Our power went out at 4 am... but someone around me seems to have an unsecured wireless network still functioning... It's REALLY windy now. Even with earplugs, it go too loud to sleep with the wind and rain. I watched the last few transformers blow up, and light up the sky by the beach. I've been shooting some video, which I'll try to post later...

DandyDon:
Hope the fellow from Atlanta has a nice trip to Rainbow River. I guess he can come back tonight and tell me I was all wrong - which is great.

This was our first Florida springs/RR/Blue Grotto experience. We will defintely be back for more!

We just got our power back on. It was out for about 3 hours. We're still having 35-40mph sustained winds. Just gotta say that FPL rocks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom